Chapter 123

I fell asleep before Loki returned, but woke up briefly when she did. Our eyes locked for a moment, and that was all she needed to confirm that I was ok with her staying female while we slept. Sleeping with Loki as a female was different than his male form, mostly because her body was smaller and her chest was not flat. I found that having my head there was too much elevation for my neck, so we tried a different position. I faced away from her, and about a foot south of her on the bed, allowing her to keep a hand on my belly, but also have an arm come around to the front side of my body for me to hold without cutting off circulation or straining her shoulder. The feeling of her breasts pressed against my back was foreign, but not unpleasant. In fact, I was fairly certain that I could grow used to it.

The next morning, I woke up to Loki massaging my shoulders and neck, one of her slim hands dipping down to circle my belly.

"Good morning, sweetheart."

"Hello."

"What's the phrase? Happy Thanksgiving?"

"Yeah. That's right."

"I feel I must breach this topic with you." Loki hesitated, something very uncharacteristic of her. She didn't need to say what 'this topic' was.

"I don't know. I thought I was straight, but then last night, with you, now...I don't know. I know I love you, in all forms. I just don't know if I can generalize that to all women." One hand wandered to the back of my neck.

"And that's perfectly fine. I did not expect you to accept me as well as you have in this form. I know that my...abilities, identity, and sexuality are rather odd, especially in combination, but you having an open mind about it means more to me than you could ever know." I leaned forward and gave kissed Loki, making it last a little longer this time.

"I think I can imagine some of it." I reached up and combed my hands through her hair. It was much longer than I was used to, going three quarters of the way down her back and just a few inches longer than mine. Loki laughed, as if sensing my jealousy.

"Yes, it's longer. But it doesn't grow as fast because it's accustomed to the Asgardian minerals. Yours will grow when we return to Asgard."

"When will we do that?"

"Depends on what Eir thinks, and where you want to give birth. But you still have some time to decide." She reassured me.

"I know. I think I want to give birth here. Just so everyone can hear the news right away." Loki nodded.

"I agree with your sentiments there. I feel guilty leaving Thor out of the loop, but he'll find out soon enough."

"You can be so mean sometimes, you know that right?" She smirked.

"Oh, I know. But that oaf has no sense of personal space. He'd want to be feeling every single movement the baby makes. Once they start moving, that is." Her free hand fell on top of mine over my bump. I hadn't even realized I'd put it there.

The two of us just laid there, our faces inches apart, our hands on my stomach for a few minutes. I was really enjoying this new level of intimacy with Loki and it was truly odd being this close with her as, well, a her, but the more time I spent with her, the faster she was growing on me. When nine thirty rolled around, Loki got up, 'borrowing' some black jeans and a sweater from me.

"You planning on getting up soon?"

"Yeah." I sat up with a groan, "I'll be up shortly." Her laughed in response was almost exactly that same as the one I was used to, just an octave or two higher, but she still left me to my own devices.