Chapter 110

Mira's POV

I decided that I liked these Wakandan ships.  The open floor plan made the confined space feel bigger than it had the right to, the pilot's seat was actually comfortable to sit in, and the internal design made it possible to have totally private conversations in different parts of the main compartment.  Something about the angles of the walls.

T'Challa was...different. A good kind of different. He wasn't overbearing, he respected my boundaries, and he didn't gawk at me when I told him I had no parents. He spent the majority of the flight in the cockpit area with me so we could get to know each other a little better.

"I can't pretend to know what you felt," I was referring to his father's death, "But I'm sure I've felt a similar way."

"In what way?"

"My husband. He died in my arms because he saved his brother's life. But he killed the attacker, so I didn't have anyone to take that anger out on. I kept it pent up for a long time, and it turned to sadness. And depression."

"I cannot claim to have experienced that. I was able to let go of those feelings when I realized that the one who set Barnes up wanted me to feel that way."

"You really lucked out there."

"Still, you seem to be doing alright at the moment." Aaaaaand time to change the subject.

"You know, I'm really starting to like you, so I want to you to construct a dream bedroom for yourself and I'll make sure you get it when we get to the house." He gave me an incredulous look, "Over the next few years, you're going to see a lot of impossible things."

"Oh, I'm sure I will."

"Now, you fought on Tony's side during this whole fiasco, which means that you could be key to getting him to roll over."

"May I ask what the specific purpose of these negotiations are?"

"To get everyone on the team or who has ever been a member of the Avengers to agree that Bucky is innocent."

"And the Accords will be tabled for a later time?"

"Don't even get me started on those. Steve says I'm lucky I wasn't here. The same with Heimdall."

"They were very right. With what you have alluded to, you wouldn't even have been considered an Avenger in the eyes of the Accords. Merely an asset, no requirement for a signature. If I were you, I wouldn't let them find out you're here."

"Thanks for the advice."

And I assure you, if there's anything I can do for you, I will."

"Again, thank you."

The flight to the House was alright, except for the last hour. I had most of the time to myself, and I used it to communicate with Loki. He said the house was set and that he would probably be able to create a room with cryotechnology in it. That way, if Bucky wanted to go back under, he wouldn't have to go to Wakanda to do it. I didn't notice anything wrong until Bucky came into the cockpit area for a moment and made a comment.

"You're shivering, Mira." He came back with a blanket. It took me a moment to realize what it was.

"No, no. I'm fine." He placed the blanket over my shoulders anyway and I tried to think of an excuse.

"Really, I'm fine." He looked at the controls.

"It's freezing up here!" He adjusted the temperature of the cockpit area and I felt the effects almost instantly. The cold inside me began to focus.