Chapter 92

House chapter

After that timer went off, Loki and I were in the kitchen pretty much until dinner. Since the timer had meant it was 3pm, it was time to put appetizers out and that meant the cheese, grapes, and wine. I was planning an early dinner so they'd be able to have dessert. I seasoned the turkey, mashed the potatoes, made the cranberry sauce, cooked the rolls until they were golden and soft, made a salad with tomatoes, carrots, and cucumbers. I also put out a few dressings. Once everything was ready and on the table, I called everyone in.

"Mira. You didn't have to do this."

"Yes I did. I owe you guys just about everything. You cleared Loki's name. You cleared my name. This is the least I could do." We sat down and began eating.

"This is a lot like Thanksgiving dinner."

"Or Christmas dinner."

"Well, we're between the two holidays so....I figured why not?"

"It's a good choice."

"I could've helped out, you know."

"You would've made casserole. I hate casserole. I don't care who makes it."

"What's for dessert?" Steve smacked him.

"Why are you assuming there's dessert?" I bit the corner of my lip to keep it from curling upwards.

"Um, I don't know, maybe because Mira would eat dessert before dinner if it were up to her?"

"Is that a question or a statement?"

"A statement."

"Mmhm."

The rest of the meal was full of a light banter between everyone, casually teasing and throwing jokes. The fact that Steve had never been laid in his life came up a couple times, as well as Tony's....more than casual approach to it.

"Oh, you mortals have nothing on Loki and I! Our competitions as to who could bed a certain maiden or woman of the court were too numerous to count!"

"Indeed, do you remember the daughter of Lord Magnus?"

"The lady Ida, right?"

"Yes! Her. She was..."

"Something." Loki wrinkled his nose, "Not one of the fondest memories I have of that time."

"Which of you won more?"

"Between he and I? Easily him. But between him and Fandral..."

"Me. But if you ask him, he'll say otherwise."

"Why did you come in last, Thor?"

"Because the two of us were less....traditional."

"They did not limit the challenges to ladies."

"And when it came to that, I had a clear advantage over Fandral." Loki leaned back in her chair and crossed her legs, casting a sly wink in my direction. Everyone but Thor gawked at her.

"What?" She got no response at first, Tony was the first one to find his voice.

"You–you're a.....woman."

"Yes, don't act so surprised. I have a natural talent for changing my form." She thought for a moment, "Have I really not done this at all in front of you lot before? I suppose not." She became a he once more and continued his meal as if nothing had happened.

Once we were done eating, Rose, Nat, Pepper, Bruce, and Steve volunteered to do dishes. Well, volunteer was the wrong word. More like kept me out of the kitchen area while they did them. After the third or fourth time being turned away, I went to where all the others were hanging out, in the little area in the same room as the kitchen and was furnished with two large chairs, a loveseat, small rug, and a square ottoman. Since all the spots to sit were full and the two Asgardians were sitting in the chairs, I went and stood in front of Loki and looked him patiently in the eyes.