44. Chase me for once and for all

Start from the beginning

"I didn't knew you planned ahead, hell no one guessed. You planned it all together. You knew he was gonna attack you, you had tipped someone who to blame if you were attacked or something happen to you. You just didn't expect it to happen that night." The way he is saying it feels like he thought I'm a fool who doesn't know how to handle situations. News flash Mr Xavier you have a smart wife who use her brain way too much.

"I always knew it'll come to this, I was stopping everyone to take action against Adrian because I suspected he'll open his mouth sooner or later. So as soon as I received warning I acted on my impulse and called someone who might take action if something happens to me. In fact, I was waiting for something to happen just I didn't think about the severity of it." Honesty is what he wants so that'll be what he will get now.

"You could have died, have you even thought about us, our family? You should have told me." 

"So that you can ruin my plan again, I was planning to catch him red handed, and I'll say it again, I didn't think about the severity of the situation I might end up in."

"You caught him indeed just you were in hospital for six months and missed all the action" he said sarcastically.

"Who said I missed it, his trial is day after day tomorrow and my lawyers will do their best to make his life hell as much as possible because I'm not my dad who worries about reputation it's time he suffer for my misery and sleepless nights." He deserves it. With that I plan to let Adrian go free too, I always wanted to show him my gratitude towards his support for me when I was going through a dark phase of my life.

"The hell you're going if you're going anywhere that would be home with me." He said anger flashing from his eyes.

"You can't stop me, and I'm not coming back Xavier not until I'm ready." I said calmly.

"Don't test my patience Susan, I came here because I didn't want to upset you since you're still healing. But this can go on for so long. Just pack your bags or I'll do it, we will leave tomorrow I can't stay here and you know it." Woah, I must have pissed him a lot to call me Susan instead of Rose.  

"Then don't stay, I didn't even ask you to come here in the first place. You let me stay here before and you didn't even ask me to come back before what changed now?"  I was standing in this same balcony back then missing him that day when Lisa had a baby.

"That was past, I love you Susan and I almost lost you I can't let anything happen to you ever again." He is holding my hands in his.

"I do love you too Xavier. Nothing will happen to me here." I said.

"So you won't come back?" I just my head. Immediately he dropped my hand.

"Susan stop being a child, I'm going to sleep and in the morning I want you ready to come back." Order order order that's all what will happen if I went back.

"I am coming back, you can't force me. I can't please." With that he just stares at my face and didn't reply back to me instead went to bed.

The next day he left without me, saying I can do whatever I want and doors are always open for me and whenever I'm ready he will be waiting for me with open arms.

Mom and dad keeping asking me what happened, why is he leaving. I lied saying he had some important matters to attend. They didn't believe me and soon enough tabloids published papers saying we are separating. We didn't comment on it. Soon another tabloid was publishing a news saying Xavier is back with his bachelor days and moving on. I didn't believe it because I know he is fully committed to me. And we are very much married legally. I didn't want to comment on this nonsense, but things are getting out of hand.

Day of court trail came and what I was expecting happened Ryan got what he deserved. I pretty much sealed his deal as soon as I got hurt in that accident he planned.

My parents actually supported me that day. It was moment of my life I will never forget. He did not even regret what he did to me, but he'll be there for good.

The same day I talked with my lawyers and decided I want to drop all the charges against Adrian. So they proceed in that direction I was actually waiting for Xavier to blow up my phone that day, but he didn't.
Few days followed all charges against Adrian was dropped and he was free to go anywhere.

All my works were completed I can go back to Xavier now, but didn't want to because I'm no one now. I don't have my designation in the company that's something big for me. I lost something which I'm entitled to do from the beginning, which I finally got to hold and grasp and made something good out of it but one mistake could take it all away.

I believe in saying whatever happens there is some reason behind it. I found that reason one fine morning when my cousin came from London his name is Mark and he does leave a mark on my personality. We talked and I told him everything because I just want to let it out and he is ready to listen. Plus, he is family and he is willing to keep it between us.

He asked me to go London saying a change of scenery is something I'm craving for and it might help me figure out my future. I definitely want my future with Xavier I'm sure, but not when I can't be myself first. I agreed with him so left saying my parents I'll be back within 15 days or so.

I guess I could say I got a little carried away when I reached there. Mark helped me settle at our grandparent's place. Where my life changed my grandfather was titled Englishman and my grandmother is a true lady with fine etiquettes. They took me with them to everywhere,  gardens, sometimes to tea parties. Even Mark joins us and then one day I found my true passion car racing.

Mark took me to the stadium where racing track was, we went there to see his friends Vice, Jackson and Timmy, who are professional racers and we all end having a friendly match because why not. I didn't win, but I was first runner up. I was motivated that day all those months pile up frustration does that to me. As soon as the race started I to  accelerate my car's speed. I did flawless turns because lets face the truth street racing does that to you and I have some experience.

Even if I'm not behind the wheels all the time Douglas did let me have my fill. I loved it back then I love it now too the rush and excitement it gives me. All of them were impressed with my performance so they asked me to join their practice sessions regularly. 

It really helped me, I learned lots of new things and safety techniques.
I didn't race professionally, but these friendly matches grabbed me some sponsors who wanted to bring me to the track. I refused because this is something I love to do, but not enough to make a profession out of it. So I start going to office headquarter we have in London. Working there is comforting because I finally learned to balance official and personal life equally. I realized how I neglected responsibilities as a professional because of my new life as Mrs Susan Williams. I do wear my rings and adore them. I miss cuddling with Xavier in night, I miss arguing with him over small things. I miss how we used to spend our Sundays playing board games. I miss how he used to kiss me like I his only one.

He changed a lot he is giving me time to make up my mind. I used to receive gifts from time to time from him. On my birthday, I got a key with address, he bought me a home. I always used to tell him that if we are gonna settle down and have our own little family, I won't live in a penthouse. This is the same house we both liked, but I refused to buy it because the owner refused to sell stable attached to the property.

And message saying

Happy birthday Suzi,

I am waiting for you to come back don't give up on us, but don't give up on yourself, do what you must to help you find the  peace.

I am ready to go back, but not until he comes back to take me home. So here I'm sitting at the back seat of my dad's car with his driver driving me to the airport. This time I want him to chase me for once and for all.