33. If You Knew Better

Hi to my very lovely and supportive readers, how are you all doing? I hope that all is good. I'm back again with a new chapter and thanks to Blossom6 for such lovely comments<3 <3 <3 <3

________________________________

Susan's P.O.V.

After eating desert everyone has gathered around to listen to Xavier's Cousin brother's children's musical performance. His cousin have two sons and one daughter who are triplets quite amazing and let me tell you that they are a bunch of cutie

All together, they played a musical trio where one is playing the piano, another guitar and their daughter is playing drums. Some people would think that their daughter is playing drums is bit weird, but I find it pretty cool because I myself like to play drums.

"They're so cute" I said to Xavier,who is sitting beside me and flashed me a grin.

"I didn't know Julia plays drums but, it goes with her personality" I couldn't agree any less. I took the sip of wine in my flute I think I had a couple of flutes tonight I usually don't drink, but I'm liking it's taste, it's not bitter. It's taste is quite mild with great odor and taste or maybe I'm liking it's shade of red.

Soon after that, everyone started to call it a night I talked to Eleanor about Wiley and how I want to take him with me back.

"That's so sweet of you but he had monthly appointments tomorrow, but I can bring him at the penthouse after that if it ok for you"

"Of course it's fine with me just give me a ring before arriving I'll be at home then"

"Definitely" after that I gave her a hug and went out with Xavier beside me. It was already past midnight so it was cold outside and blame to my memory I forgot my jacket plus I'm feeling pretty funny cause I have this sudden feeling of laughing. As I step forward I stumble while crossing porch.

"Susan how much did you drink tonight" Xavier asked while helping me balance on my feet. He kept his arms around my waist.

"Maybe 4-5 flutes" I answered him after thinking while caressing my arms for warmness.

"Oh god you know that you're light weighted still you drank that much?" he exclaimed while covering my arms with his jacket. His jacket smell like his cologne. I just shrug off at him while he is worrying and at the same moment our car came and the Victor open door for us.

After settling down inside the car. Luke starts driving. Xavier opened the partition of the car to seperate backseat from front. Music start to blast inside from the speakers. Surprisingly it was one of my favorite song Knew better/ forever boy by Ariana Grande.

I can't help but sing along it's beat gives me shivers but Xavier's jacket is keeping me warm. I know can't relate myself to this the song but passion of her voice is so approachable to me.

Say you could turn me on
Boy, but that's about it
You can say what you wanna
But I wouldn't believe it
You could write all them songs
That's the game that you play
Tryna right all them wrongs
But you can't make me stay

'Cause I see right through you, boy
And I—I ain't feeling you no more
I ain't feelin' you no more

If you knew better
Boy, you would do better
Can't nobody love you like I do
Baby, I could do better
Boy, if you knew better
You would do better
Baby, if you love me like I love you
Maybe we could be together