Part 37 ∞∞∞ Nostalgia

Start from the beginning

"Why." He finally asked after a while and I groaned.

"Do as you're told you money loving egoistic undead f****** mud-head! If you don't... I know how you can die and you know very well I can rip all your hearts out!" I threatened (while screaming into the empty forest) and Kakuzu fell silent again.

"Whatever, brat." He said back and cut off the connection. I sighed in relief. Now hopefully Hidan listens to directions as well as Kakuzu does.

I boosted myself faster and soon gained upon shinobi. We were nearly at the carriages. I ran even faster until I was a few meters behind the shinobi. I reached out my hands and let out a line of lightning blast. The shinobi halted in his steps, trying to duck the attack, and looked behind him. I was already gone.

I landed beside Kakuzu who was still standing over the body of the dead ox. His Akatsuki cloak was thrown on top of the carriage carelessly. Hidan was nowhere to be seen. I took the cloak and ripped it to shreds. Kakuzu stared at me.

"I know that costs money. I'll explain to Leader, okay? You don't have to spend anymore dear money, you zombie!" I shouted at him before he could punch me. I tore off my Akatsuki cloak as well while Kakuzu stood there, glaring.

"There..." I sighed as both I and Kakuzu stood without our cloaks. "Now... here goes the worst plan ever." I muttered as I stretched out my hands towards Kakuzu's face.

*******

Kakashi stared at the two blood-covered serial killers standing over the body of the dead ox. One looked extremely young while the other extremely old.

"What did you do?" He asked the two and the shorter, almost girly, boy started laughing crazily.

"Can't you see. We killed them." The old man snapped, ending the conversation almost instantly. However, it was a wonder he could talk with his mouth sewed together. But serial killers were serial killers. They were always unpredictable.

Kakashi had only arrived back to Konoha from a diplomatic trip to the Hidden Sand when the Hokage told him to protect a merchant carrying foods to the Land of Grass. The Land of Grass was caught in a civil war and one of the sides contained a shinobi village that had tight bonds with Konoha. They were losing. This supply of foods was the last that would be sent to the region and the shinobi village needed it to survive. And here he was, facing two maniac serial killers wanting to take over the carriages.

"So, why don't you leave us to our job while you go on your way back to Konoha?" The younger boy said with a coo to his voice and Kakashi frowned. He didn't have time for this.

"Chidori!" He shouted as his hands erupted into thousands of lightning "birds".

"Get him." The old man ordered and the young boy tensed.

"I told you before... I AM NOT a dog." The young boy snapped and turned onto the old man.

"Just follow your orders." The old man said and gave a little smirk.

"Oh, really? When did I say I'd listen to you?? Why do I have to listen to your orders? Just a moment ago I thought you were my slave. You're just some stupid old man." The young boy snapped, his face stuffed into the old man's face. His words somehow reminded him of Yoru. She had said that to the Hokage the first day she arrived... she had changed a lot since then. Kakashi remembered and couldn't stop the slight uplift in his lips. But she hasn't been back for nearly a year. He thought and sighed. But why is he thinking of this in the middle of a battle? He couldn't understand. The thought just floated into his mind.

"HUH? What are you sighing about? Do you want to fight? I'm fine with fighting. I'll make sure your soul never dies and live in eternal misery. That fits you Kakashi. So arrogant all the time, what is wrong with you? YO, YO, YO. Is that all you know how to say???" The young boy now turned to him and Kakashi widened his eyes when the boy called his name. Was he that famous out of Konoha? How does the boy know about the way he speaks? Had they been waiting here especially for him?

"Do I know you?" Kakashi asked, stepping slightly closer to the two so he could observe them both more closely. They both had weird scents of chakra around them and especially the boy. He looked familiar.

"Get him... uh, Riku!" The boy yelled and pointed at him, looking up at the old man. Kakashi tensed up as the old man growled and launched himself at him.

"Chidori!" Kakashi shouted again, thrusting his hands forwards to meet the old man's straight up attack. But what met him wasn't the fist of the old man, it was an enormous fireball.

******

"I told you not to kill him!" I screamed at Kakuzu who was staring down at the tattered Kakashi.

"He's not dead is he?" Kakuzu said and landed another kick onto Kakashi.

"UUHHH STOP!" I shouted and shoved Kakuzu aside. I kneeled down beside Kakashi and looked at his chakra flow. It was slower than usual. I tried to lift him up from the ground but fell, face to the ground and half under Kakashi, when his heavyweight met my slightly lacking body stature (I am certainly not weaker than Kakashi's weight, don't assume it). Kakuzu humphed and lifted me up from under Kakashi I patted the dirt off me and gave Kakuzu a thankful grunt when he slung Kakashi onto his back.

"Don't get me wrong. I just want to wait for the bounty on this man to get higher before killing him. Also, I killed the target already, brat. You're slow." Kakuzu said after seeing my face and I laughed.

"Thanks," I muttered despite his insult as he walked away with Kakashi. I looked at the carriages carrying the foods. The shinobi village needs it to survive... I thought and sighed. I had read Kakashi's memories while he was unconscious and understood everything. But there's nothing I can do is there? They are losing because they're weak. If it was me, I'd never have lost, to begin with. But I still left most of the supplies on the mountain without destroying them. I only burnt the dangos.

"Did you get all of it?" Black Zetsu asked me as I reached the bottom of the mountain. I ignored him.

"You look pretty without the cloak covering your body," Hidan noted and he ended up eating dirt. I looked at Kakuzu who walked down the mountain after me and nodded slightly. Kakashi was no longer on his back.