Introduction

Welcome to the Literary Fiction Network!

The account is currently under a reboot/revamping!

-----LITERARY FICTION #LitReads-----

The Literary Fiction Network is for works and authors of literary fiction, which often contain more abstract metaphysical nuances, minimalism, artistic drabble, omission, genre-blends, experimental play or can't be categorized within one genre. They may seek to give philosophical insight or social commentary, wrestle with universal dilemmas, human psychology or intimate sentiment, and profound thought-provoking themes. Rather than mainly focusing on plot, characters or worldbuilding (though not necessarily without), literary writing draws attention to the art of language, ambiguity, poetic moments, multilayered symbolism, and experience and remains more open ended to personal interpretation.

Many classics or landmarks in modern literature are considered progressive, visionary literary fiction rather than genre-specific, and are often studied in academics, garner literary merit with critics and industry. Many major award winning books featured in bookstores around the world are often contemporary literary prose. However, our talented Wattpad lit fic writers have proven to stand toe to toe with the greats and on our network, we have seen brilliant brilliance.

Works may include elements of - but are not limited to: romance, slice of life, realism, Bildungsroman (coming-of-age), Kunstlerroman (artist's journey), speculative, dystopian, magical-realism, abstract, slipstream, absurd, surrealism, psychological, mystery, etc.

To catch the feel of literary fiction, please view our reading lists for examples :)

--------OUR GOAL---------

We promote quality wordsmithing and the myriad of talent on Wattpad, encourage deep reading and thought for all ages, share insight and gain inspiration from one another. We aim to:

- Showcase and promote Wattpad authors

- Compile reading lists, review and feature works

- Run our own literary anthologies and magazine

- Organize events, activities, such as contests, collaborations

- Provide professional writing and publishing tips

- Present author interviews, forum threads and more.

This account is run by Wattpad authors and industry professionals with a keen eye and passion for literary writing. We believe this is much needed in the Wattpad community and wish to help build the demographics for deep thinking and complex literature. We maintain a collective anonymity because you are the stars of the show.

Feel free to contact us, follow and join this initiative. We are looking for literary fiction to read, Wattpad authors and volunteers.

SUBMIT WORK via hashtag #LitReads or see the Anthology on how to be a part of it. Our selected authors and their listed works will be given an award campaign sticker to place on their covers.