Chapter 25

Chapter 25

     I woke up and looked at my phone. Three missed calls from Jesse, and no voicemail. I let myself wake up before calling him. I dialed the phone and called.

     "Hello?" He answered. I really wanted to hang up, but I knew I couldn't.

     "Hey, it's Lily, sorry I was still sleeping, what did you want?" I asked.

     "I kind of wanted to talk about what went down last night backstage, I didn't hear any details." He was trying to act oblivious, but I figured I'd give in to it.

     "Well, yesterday, Kirk needed a ride to practice because his parents were going somewhere out of town, so they dropped him off at my house on their way through." I slightly lied, "We hung out for the day, listened to show tunes, and then he started giving me such nice compliments I never heard before, and then he asked me out, but I was shocked and not ready for it, but luckily my phone rang. I ran upstairs to take the call and luckily it was Michelle. I told her what was going on and Brad and Leo were there and excited and stuff but she hung up on me, so I originally said no, but he told me to think about it, and Kendra quit liking him and it kind of went from there." That was a lot of talking for me and probably a lot for Jesse to absorb, because there was silence on the other end.

     "So, wait, Leo and Brad wanted you and Kirk to be together? And you listened to them of all people?" Jesse asked angrily.

     "Well, yes they did, but I didn't know that beforehand, and I don't give into peer pressure, so it wouldn't have mattered anyway. I followed my heart."

     "I don't see how you did, because two days ago you said you had feelings for me, and all of a sudden you don't. I don't see how this works."  Shit. What do I say now?

     "I said I thought I did. And I'll admit I did for a while, but it all changed when I met Kirk and you just didn't make a move." This was getting intense.

     "I thought it was pretty obvious whenever I came over the other day but whatever. I need to go." Then he hung up.

     He's taking this the wrong way. I definitely didn't do this just for Brad and Leo. Then, I really thought about it. They were the only ones that shipped Kily, and, as far as I know, all the girls shipped Jessily. Something seemed suspicious with the girls, and I don't know what.