Things Change - Part One

"Hey what time are we getting picked up later? You asked peeking out over your sunglasses.

"6, we should probably start getting ready soon actually."Niall replied looking over at your from his sun lounger.

You'd been chilling out by his pool in L.A. for the day. You'd swam and had a bbq before catching a few rays trying to top up your tan as much as you could whilst you were here. You taken two weeks off work to come over here. Niall had a charity golf thing to go to and you said you'd be his date. Any excuse to spend time with him to be honest. You'd seen him loads when he first went on hiatus from one direction but with promotional work your friendship was taking a battering.

"Yeah and I need to press my skirt, it got really creased in my suitcase."

"I could've got Ellie to get you a dress babe?"

"No that would've been weird!" You moaned.

"Why?" He said looking puzzled.

"Just would've been" you replied shrugging your shoulders.

"Well once you've had a shower come and get ready in my room, I'll show you how to use my steamer. You can sort your face and hair out whilst we listen to music."

"Sort my face and hair out?!"

"Yeah put all that crap on your face that you don't need!" He laughed.

"Cheeky fuck!" You replied laughing back.

You went up to your room that you always had when you stayed here. It was directly next to Niall's and had a beautiful view of the surrounding suburbs. Sitting up on a hilltop you'd watched the sunset numerous times from your window. You could see why Niall had brought this place, it was stunning. He knew he'd be here in L.A. on and off and was fed up with different hotels or staying with friends. You'd even helped him view a few properties. He'd asked your opinion about this one to. You were assistant manager at a property company in north London where you lived. You'd been happy to help him out, making sure he asked all the right questions and got the correct surveys done as the property was old.

You got yourself showered and dried before putting on your underwear and a light cotton robe. Gathering up your make up, hair stuff and clothes you made your way to Niall's door.

You knocked before opening it.

"Hey Ni! You decent?" You asked.

"No but come in anyway!" He said laughter coming from the bathroom.

"As long as you've not got your cock out I'm coming in!" You called laughing back.

You made your way to his massive closet that had a full length wall of mirrors perfect for doing your make up and hair, the window in the room was open letting in a cool breezes. Niall was in his bathroom and you could hear him banging around in there whilst you got yourself set up on the floor in front of the mirror. You were sectioning your hair for the curling iron when Niall appeared in the doorway his phone in his hand towel hung low at his waist.

"Any music requests love?" He asked smiling.

"No just put it in shuffle and we can see what we get" you said huffing.

"Whats up with you?" He asked.

"Fucking hot whilst doing this" you said indicating to your hair. "Not getting any breeze from that window when I sit down here."

"You naked under your robe?" He questioned.

"No of course not!"

"Take it off then and I'll put the air con on"

You put the curling iron down on its mat and slipped your robe off your shoulders revealing a white lace bra, you left the robe just sitting around your waist, the top of your lace thong just peeking out.

Niall turned around from the air con unit and looked at you. "Better?" He almost stammered and you caught him out the corner of your eye adjusting himself over his towel.

"Yes thanks" you said trying to concentrate on your hair.

God what the fuck was that? Since you'd got here 5 days ago you could cut the atmosphere with a knife. Too many occasions of you both staring at each other too long. It had been about 5 weeks since you'd seen him as he'd been doing promo around America. But when you arrived at his after your long flight you both said how much you'd missed each other. Holding your embrace longer than usual. You'd cuddled him to sleep on the sofa that evening as jet lag took over, wrapping your arm across him chest and locking your legs together. He'd kissed the top of your head and caressed your shoulder for hours that evening.

You'd met Niall in secondary school when your family had lived in Ireland for two years. Your mum's were friends after meeting at a book club they were both part of. You'd spent many weekends at his with your families. You'd moved a lot as your dad was in the army and you'd lost a lot of friends along the way but Niall and you had always stuck it out. Writing, e-mailing and then texting each other whenever you could. Ten years later you were still the best of friends and spoke everyday regardless of where you both were in the world.

When you'd settled in London for university you didn't live far from each other and would try and catch up when possible. One direction had been huge and he'd toured a lot but you'd gone to visit when you could, even now you were working to you'd catch up when you could.

You carried on curling your hair as Niall disappeared back in the bathroom reappearing not long after wearing a pair of black fitted boxer shorts. He looked over at you, "wanna do my hair?!" He asked. "Ha! It's wavy enough when you dry it." You laughed. He sat himself down next to you on the floor, giving you a quick glance in the mirror. You felt your heart race a bit, was he just checking you out? You had to admit you'd checked him out a couple of times in the last 11 years of friendship but never had your body reacted like that. You'd been in your underwear together before, not for any thing sexual, just when you'd kipped in with him after parties and stuff. He dried his hair quickly with a dryer and you couldn't stop staring at him running his fingers through his soft brown locks. Jeez get a grip woman.

You were just finishing your make up when he asked you where your skirt was. You pointed to behind you and he spotted it before rising from his position next to you to get your skirt. He took it over to the steamer and started to get the creases out. "Hey I can do that babe" you said. "It's ok, you finish your make up, it'll only take me a few minutes." He replied.

You slipped your robe back over your shoulders and stood up making your way over to him. Within a couple of minutes he'd made it look crease free. "There you go, all ready for ya." He said as he handed you your skirt. You slipped off your robe and unzipped the skirt before pulling it up over your hips, you could feel his eyes on you the entire time. You looked up to find him holding your top out for you. You took it from him before asking him what he was wearing tonight.

"Um I um have a navy suit, white shirt and silver tie"

"Cool we will match then, didn't think about it till earlier but don't want to clash in colours do we?" You said slipping on your fitted camisole top.

"You looked beautiful Grace, never seen you like this before" he almost whispered.

You didn't know what to say so just blurted out "Well unlike you I don't have many occasions to glam myself up!" You replied smiling. "Right come then Horan get dressed, the car will be here soon."