A Chance Meeting - Part One

The tube was stifling today. It was a warm May evening and you had been in interviews all day. With a single to promote it had to be done but you couldn't wait to meet everyone at the pub for a few beers.

You'd left the hotel where the interviews had taken place and decided to take the tube as the pub was only a few stops away.

One thing you liked about London was the fact that no one really conversed on the tube, you could jump on and off quite easily without being noticed. No-one even looked up as you stepped on, as it was early evening the commuters had all gone. You found a seat by the door and sat down.

It was the intro beat that you heard first. There was no mistaking that was slows hands. You looked across and that's when you saw her.

She was beautiful. You're heart started racing, palm a started to become sweaty and you ran them across your jeans nervously.

Sitting in a seat a bit further down by the other side of the door. Her light brown hair in a messy bun and headphones in her ears. She was looking down, engrossed in her phone listening to slow hands.

You couldn't help but glance up at her every 30 seconds, couldn't stop looking at her. Something on her phone was amusing because she was chuckling to herself and her smile was beaming.

The automated voice announced your stop and she stood up at the same time as you. She stopped in her tracks when she saw you and realised who you were before nervously smiling obviously wondering if you'd heard what she was listening to.

The door opened and you gestured for her to get off first. She nodded a thanks before stepping off and walking towards the escalator glancing back over her shoulder and giving you a smile. She was truly captivating.

You lost track of her for a second before you saw her ahead of you on the escalator. She glanced back at you again smiling before stepping off and heading through the gates where she swiped her oyster card and off she went.

But the time you got to the street she was nowhere to be seen. You sighed when you realised she was gone. You wished you'd said something to her, instead of just smiling at her like an absolute idiot. The fact that an incredibly cute girl had been listening to your song was what kept you smiling all the way to the pub.

You spotted the lads straight away as you went into the beer garden. The sun was still out and it was a warm evening so the place was packed. You offered to get a round in and made your way inside to the bar. And there she was.

You knew it was her even though she had her back to you. You recognised the cute little denim shorts and vest top she had been wearing. She'd discarded her headphones and was leaning against the bar waiting for her order. You made your way over to the bar and stood about a metre away. She instinctively looked across and her blue eyes widen as she spotted you.

"Hi again" you said.

"Hi" She said smirking. "You following me?"

You stuttered out a nervous no as she smiled at you.

She took the glasses of wine that the barman had placed in front of her and turned to face you. "Nice seeing you again." She said raising her eyebrows before walking off towards the beer garden.