A Chat with the Devil [Challenge #2]

The door opened to reveal the beast sitting at a gray table. His eyes shifted to hers almost instantly, eying her as if she was an intruder in his most sacred sanctum. Those frigid blue eyes appeared to shine with a deep malice that made her tremble under his gaze. No wonder he was sentenced to death, even his eyes screamed murderer.

"So you'll be my interviewer," he stated, looking her up and down with a taunting smirk.

She swallowed hard, blowing out a long breath and sat down in the lonely chair across from the prisoner. It was her job to interview the bloodsucker before the Interracial Council sent him to the Sun Chamber but it didn't mean she had to like it.

The vampire laughed before launching at her in a blink of an eye but the blessed silver chains trapping his wrists and feet to the reinforced concrete floor stopped him a mere feet from the elven female. She jumped out of her skin and had to bite the inside of her cheek to keep herself from screaming but somehow managed to remain seated.

Exhaling a shaky breath, Laishka glared at the cameras looking down on them and said, "You just owe me double the amount agreed."

"Poor frightened she-elf," the undead whispered as he took his seat again. "Your nice pointed ears could make a nice addition to my trophy wall."

Ignoring his comment she proceeded to take out her recorder and place it over the table. "Let's skip introduction and go straight to the point, Mister Leonard. That way I can go home early and you can keep watching gray walls until you're put to death."

He chuckled softly as his blue eyes took a reddish afterglow.

"I'm a shadow elf. Your dark magic doesn't work on me; that's why they chose me for this job," Laishka said, hiding the fear with a mask of seriousness. "You were charged with the murder of sixteen persons: four humans, six fairies, three vampires, two elves and one werewolf. What made you commit all those murders?"

A smile played at the corners of his lips before he fixed his gaze on hers. "I'm going to save you the trouble of asking more stupid questions, Miss Laishka BlueOrchid." Her deep violet eyes widened at his words. "My race was a mighty force in the past but now they're nothing more that disgusting rats hiding behind ridiculous laws and false pretenses. But I'm not... so yes, I drained and maimed all those creatures you mentioned. Why? Because all of you are nothing more than cattle waiting to be slaughtered. There's nothing more delicious than a terrified victim beneath your claws, crying and pleading for mercy." He shivered as his face showed the pleasure he described. "Everyone had forgotten the old ways so I made them remember. I wanted everyone to remember that vampires are at the top of the food chain! I wanted them to fear the night again."

*********************
A/N: This was written for the #FlashFangFiction month of WattVampires. Winner of Week 2: Interview with a Vampire 🧛🏻‍♂️🦇😍

Story word count: 500