CH 20: Confirmation

Začať od začiatku

"I'm so glad you're ok" tears fall from my eyes. I don't know what I would've done if he wasn't. He doesn't have time to reply because Isis busts through the door.

"Turn on the TV! Channel 6!"

President Trollman gives her a strange look but changes the channel. Sure enough, it's Kevin and Tamara. They're outside of the Hawks headquarters protesting.

The hilarious thing about it is they're by themselves. Well until a reporter comes up.

"Are you aware of the sudden illness of several Hawks players?" Tamara's face goes pale and she looks guilty as fuck.

"IT WAS KEVIN'S IDEA! HE SENT THE CAKE!" The whole room is silent and the reporter looks confused as hell. Before anything else can happen, a random man tackles Kevin and yanks Tamara to the ground. There's the faint noise of sirens and the damn reporter and cameraman are just shooting this. Like really.

Everyone in the room looks at each other with a stunned expression on their faces. Well except me. I knew in my heart that they did it.

Branson looks pissed off but when Isis busts through the door, she looks ready to kill them.

"I'm gonna fuck them up! No I'm finna get someone to beat they asses in jail!" Isis yells. Then a nurse leads her back towards Kev's room with her yelling and cursing all the way back.

The room busts out in laughter then returns their attention back to the TV. After the cops apprehend Tamara and Kevin, the camera turns to the random dude who tackled them. Them.

"Dad?!" It's Branson's dad! I wondered why he wasn't here at the hospital. Guess that answers my questions.

People are crazy as fuck these days.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

~ Branson ~

So those hateful bastards poisoned me! How in the hell are people so crazy?!

Seeing Kiondra come in and see me made my heart melt. Her face shows her worry and exhaustion. I don't even have to ask if she was here the whole time, I know she was. The devotion on her face affirms to my decision.

I'm going to propose to her.

We've been dating for less than a year but I can't see my life without we. I won't see me life without her.

When we bared our souls to one another that one night, I left out one detail.

The major thing my mother left me was her engagement ring and band that was her grandmother's. The one she got from my dad was left on the kitchen counter.

The ring is gold with a modest diamond an alternating small pearls and diamonds around it. The band is lined with pearls all the way around is gold also.

It a true testament to Kiondra's personal style so I know it's perfect. I don't know when I'll propose but it'll definitely be in the near future. She's climbed into my hospital bed and is currently sleep. President informed me of my pay raise up to 1.5 million dollars annually. Then he proceeds to make a bunch of phone calls.

The nurse comes to check on me but all is well. Anthony, James, and Michael stopped by at different and said they were fine. Kev and I are going back to Hartford for two weeks. Well I'm going back for two weeks. We need to rest and recover but my team still needs me. We're going to win the Starling Cup this year...and keep winning it each year.

I've come such a long way that it's sometimes hard to believe. I was a cold hearted asshole who was so cruel to the woman that I'm going to marry. If she accepts me that is. I'm confident she will though.

I look at Kiondra sleeping against my chest and I imagine her being in a hospital bed with me in labor with my daughter. Yes, I want a boy too but I want a little Kiondra to come out first. But as long as we're having children, I'm not complaining. But I have to marry her first.

And you better believe I'm going to marry her.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hey guys! What did you think of this chapter?

Tamara is such a snitch lol. She broke down so easily and no one even accused her of anything!

What do you think of Branson's secret about the ring?

Should Branson propose to Kiondra? Would it be a good idea for them to get engaged?

What did you think of Branson's dad tackling Kevin and Tamara?

Oh I need you guys to comment with baby name ideas. Isis is well into her pregnancy!

Thank you for reading, I love you all!

•Deeja