14

________________________________________________________________________England, March 1416 A

England, March 1416 A.D. - Saint Briavels Castle, West Gloucestershire

>>Now lay down, careful..<<

Jungkook's heavy breathing is the only noisy sound in the entire castle as he sits onto the mattress, just woken up. His cheeks puff out, and he leans towards the side of his bed, a nauseous feeling in his throat.

>>Let it out, let it all out, it is alright<<

Namjoon hushes, holding the Prophet's dangling head. The younger's lips purse further, his eyebrows furrow deeper, and he slaps one of his hands above his own mouth, shaking his head and squeezing his eyes shut.

Eventually the retching sensation in his throat calms down, and Jungkook starts sobbing quietly. His guardian, afflicted, keeps rubbing the pitiful male's back, trying to soothe him.

>>What did you see?<<

He demands warily, and Jungkook sniffles.

>>I saw--

He coughs, his esophagus begging for water, so he points a finger to the pitcher by the nightstand, and the friar pours some of the liquid in a cup, handing it to the boy, who quickly catches up, drinking it and relieving his sore muscles.

>>I saw..people crying f-for food-..saw children dying of starvation and...<<

He takes a breath, a shaky one, because he's not done crying yet. He rubs his hand under his own nose, whimpering.

>>I saw Jimin and he was...he was--!<<

He grasps the pitcher and pours some more water for himself as Namjoon looks helpless. The younger gulps down the liquid, then begins talking once more.

>>He was crouching on a dry, useless land. The trees were dead, there was no life w-whatsoever in those fields, no, our fields. They were dead<<

The boy lifts his head to look at the blonde. Namjoon shivers once, his whole body does.

>>Famine..and drought. When?<<

Jungkook sniffles once more, a couple more tears falling off of his eyes.

>>Before the end of summer. All dead before then<<