03. Stay away

"Stay away..."
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Written and Edited by: ohyoungg

Soyun pushed the cart down the aisle, searching the shelves of food for her favorite chips. She snatched the bag off the shelf and tossed it into the cart. "You want anything?" She asked, turning back to Hoseok.

He shook his head as he watched people walk by. Most were females. Males didn't come out a lot, only when it was truly necessary like to get food or go to work. Most males that did come out were Betas, usually "working". Hoseok noticed the lack of male Alphas, making him slightly more comfortable in this environment.

The Alpha noticed his gaze and nudged him. "Calm down, kid. It's alright. Alphas are rare. They're purebreds, only born when two Alphas breed, which is also extremely rare." She grabbed a few ramen bowls off the shelf and threw them in the cart. "Only the wealthy have Alpha children."

Hoseok paused. "Then... are your parents wealthy?" He asked, stuffing his hands in his pockets as he turned his gaze to his female companion.

She shrugged. "My mother is a wealthy CEO and I have no clue who my father is. She was always bringing in randoms guys to fuck and clear her mind of her stress." She groaned. "Of course, I'm nothing like her. She only brought guys home with her when she's drunk." Soyun shot Hoseok a look. "I bring them home sober." She grinned as he gave her a stiff smile. "I'm kidding!! Gosh, you're so gullible!" She laughed, slapping his arm repeatedly.

Hoseok chuckled awkwardly along with her hearty laughter. "Yeah..." he paused, "have you ever... Never mind, dumb question."

Soyun poked him. "What is it? I can keep a secret, Hoseok." She said, peering up at his downward gaze. Hoseok refused to meet her gaze though.

"I just... wanted to know.. if you've ever fallen in love..?" He muttered out, staring hard at the bags of chips in the aisle next to them.

Soyun gave him a look and then sighed. "There was one time; but he showed me that he couldn't love me back." Hoseok looked at her confused.

"Couldn't love you back?" He asked. Soyun just shook her head and pushed the cart down the aisle. Hoseok watched her, feeling a little empty. He sighed and followed after the Alpha.

ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

Soyun laid on the couch, scrolling through channels. She paused on the news as a picture of her and Hoseok popped up.

"...and it seems like our favorite model has found herself a new toy! I can't say he's the prettiest I've seen but everyone has their tastes!" One of the female new reporters laughed.

The other laughed too. "Although, I never thought she'd actually get a toy. She's always very secluded and distant. I wonder how he fell for her." She said, turning to the other reporter.

"That Soyun is a strange one, I'll tell ya. So apparently she's going to be having a new photoshoot soon. I wonder if she'll bring him with her." They both laughed.

Soyun grumbled, turning the channel to something else. The sounds of cartoons filled the air. She leaned her head back, pressing herself into the couch. The Alpha gazed up at the ceiling, pondering to herself what Hoseok was doing. He had gone up to his room and hadn't come downstairs since they got home. She wondered if she should check on him, just to be sure nothing bad happened to him. Just as she was getting ready to head upstairs her phone rang. She quickly grabbed it and checked the contact.