Chapter 4: Going Downhill

Start from the beginning

"That's reminds me. We haven't introduced ourselves to each other," she added making him sigh in annoyance. He didn't like introducing himself to strangers. "My name is Violette. Violette Delacroix."

He stayed silent for a moment before saying, "Are you french perhaps?" He turned his head around to find her shaking her head. "No. I'm not. Not quite. My grandfather is french."

He narrowed his eyes at her in suspicion and said, "You are not a spy, are you not?" She shook her head and gave him a puzzled look. "No, I'm not. What makes you think that?"

He didn't reply. He continued walking silently. He had a speculation in his mind as to why this peculiar girl was in his domain. There is indeed something odd with this girl. The way she acts. The way she talks.

In the Salvador residence, Alexandro paced back and forth outside of his father's room as he waited for the family doctor to give the news about his father's declining health

When the door opened, he was greeted with a frowning doctor. He looked at Alexandro in pity before finally breaking the news. The expression of the doctor's face confirmed his speculation.

"My father is not getting any better, isn't he?" The doctor gave a nod before excusing himself to leave. He stood in front of his father's chambers, not knowing what else to do. He was extremely furious about everything.

Ever since that day when he went to the old man, things have been going haywire. He still wore the amulet around his neck but it gave him a bad feeling in his gut. "Mierda! What on earth is happening to me?"

He calmed himself down and decided to talk to his father. He went inside of the room to find his father on the bed, staring at the window. "Pa?" His father's eyes went towards him when Alexandro called him.

"Ah. Wipe off those tears on your face. A real man does not show his weakness. I would be utterly disappointed if I ever find out you've been crying like a child on my funeral," his father said as he let out a laugh afterwards. The gloomy mood stayed even after his father tried to uplift it.

Alexandro let out a deep sigh before saying, "It is not good to be jesting about your funeral. We don't want that to happen, would we?" He didn't like how accepting his father was in terms of death. He didn't want to lose another parent.

He noticed how his father was even paler than before. He was definitely getting worse. He feared that he would be gone too soon. "It will happen sooner or later. I already accepted my fate."

"Your death will make it harder for me to find my mother. You are aware of her whereabouts and yet, you would not tell me," Alexandro decided to bring up the topic that he have been thinking of lately. His father's face turned grim as soon as he said that.