An Unexpected Life 23

Start from the beginning

 I turned my head to look at the view and the sun was just setting. It was the most stunning thing I had ever seen.

“Guys, look at the sunset.” I told them

“I told you it was a magical adventure” Lee said sticking his tongue out at me.

“Yes Lee. I admit it you were right” I sighed.

Lee did his little I was right dance which shook the basket. J grabbed the sides and looked at Lee in terror. Lee pointed at the sunset silently before turning his back to us to better see the view and avoid J. As J looked across he relaxed, not completely, but enough to appreciate the view. After that it was silent other than Becks taking pictures until we got back onto solid ground.

J leaped out of the basket and walked straight back to the RV without a word. The rest of us thanked Mya and I am pretty sure Leo got her number before we headed back. Lee jumped into the driver’s seat as J was nowhere to be seen. As I walked towards the bedroom door Becks pulled me to sit next to her.

“Let him be. He must be embarrassed to let him come out when it’s ready” Becks whispered in my ear.

“I don’t know why he would be embarrassed” I replied.

“Perhaps it’s because you’re so strong not scared of anything someone else feels they have to match you especially J.” I sat thinking about what Becks had said. It was my job not to be scared or show weakness, I was trained for it but I had never expected the others to be like that.

To get back into the party moved I moved to sit nearer to Lee and I turned the radio up and started singing. Lee was so chuffed his little face lit up. It was only about twenty minutes later that we stopped for the night. Becks had chosen this place because it was quiet with a calm lake right in front of us with a small forest to the left of us. As soon as we had pulled up Lee was jabbering on about building a fire.

 “Guys I don’t think that a fire is a good idea” Becks pleaded as me and Lee skipped off into the forest for wood.

“She will love it when we build a big bonfire” Lee assured me. I wasn’t so convinced but a fire sounded like fun and after all the drama the trip wasn’t as fun as I thought it would be. We needed to relax and get back into the party, even if Leo had gate-crashed.  

I must have zoned out again because when I looked around I had lost Lee. He probably raced off to find the biggest piece of wood he could find or he wanted to play hide and seek. Knowing Lee it was probably both.

“Fine Lee I will play. Marco?”

“Polo” a sinister voice replied. That was defiantly not Lee.

“Sorry I’m playing this with Lee” I replied trying to get the creepy dude who apparently hangs out in trees to leave me alone. It was dark so only the light from my phone was lighting my path.