An Unexpected Life 12

Really sorry guys! This week has been so hectic with a French assesment that I failed, a mountain of homework and personal issues going on I really haven't had anytime. At the moment I don't think my writing is that good so please bear with me until I can make it better.

I want to thank everyone who commented on the last chapter it really cheered me up so please keep commenting!

I think I will add a bit of drama in soon so get ready for the return of  familiar face from the first book to come back  into Teri's life.

Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~

I must have rode around the hills for hours and to be honest I didn't have any intention of going back. I loved the feeling of freedom and the mind rushing through my hair. The calmness of my surroundings making me feel calmer myself but I knew as soon as I got back that my anger would explode out of me and I just wasn't in the mood to argue, especially not with Jace. Not now. I spotted a lake so I tied the horse to the tree beside me whilst I just sat and watched the water.

 I sat and watched the world pass by. I leant back and watched the clouds like when I was a child. I tried to make shapes out of the clouds but each one made me think of Jace. What was his problem. Why did he shout at me. Why did he think I was cheating. He knew my past with boys and the heartbreak I went through so why does he think that  I would ever inflict that on someone myself.

I was completley lost in thought when my phone vibrated. I sighed but fished it out of my pocket. There was a text from an unknown number. I opened it.

I have the people you love the most and I will kill them. Unless you do as I say.

love a dear old friend

xxx

My blood boiled. Such a simple text managed to get me so annoyed. The first  think that raced through my mind was who did he take. Which one of my friends were gone. Or were they all gone. I jumped back on the horse and charged back to the ranch. It didn't take me too long to get back but with my impatinece it seemed like an eternity. I quickly left the horse in the stables and rushed into the RV. It was empty. My heart stopped. I rushed inside the ranch. I heard voices but I was running so fast that I had to grab the door and spin to look inside.

They were all sat around the fire staring at me who was now heaving and barley breathing. I tried to steady my breathing and slow me heart beat.

Lee rushed to my side. "What happened?" he asked

I just passed him my phone unable to speak.

As he read it his face dropped. He passed the phone to Becks and gave me a big hug. "Don't worry we aren't going anywhere. I promise." Lee tried to comfort me.

After about 20 minuets me breathing calmed down but now Becks was hyperventilating because she thought someone was after her. I had sent a text back to the number telling them nice try but they didn;t have anything.

My phone vibrated. It was the unknown number. I picked it up. A deep familiar voice answered.

"Dear naive Teri. I can assure you I have people that you really want to save."

"No you don't" I answered.

I heard a scream down the phone. " Still don't want to save them."

"Nope."

"This might change your mind." He insisted.

"Teri please help us!" My mother screamed but my heart was cold. She wasn't my mother, she hadn't been for a long time but could I know that it would be my fault if she died.

"How about now?" The voice asked.

~~~~~~~~~~##

Not too long but I don't know what she will do so let me know what you think she will do.

What did you think of that chapter? Let me know by commenting

:D