Chapter 32

It's been a week since Lauren's birthday. Today Simon called me into a meeting at the studio. My mom had to come in too.

We walked into the meeting room and saw Simon, and my manager Ski sitting at the table.

"Hey Kayla how are you feeling?" Simon asked as my mom and I sat down.

"Better I've able to sing a lot more now and stuff" I informed him.

"Great so you've recorded a lot of songs over time and we have to get your name out there. So what we planed was you go on tour with Becky G. So you'll be opening up for her" Ski told me.

"Are you serious?!" I yelled/questioned excitedly.

"Yes you are gonna pick the 5 original songs and 2 cover songs you wanna do and you'll hit the dance studio working out you're stage performance tomorrow. Becky also wants to do a duet but that we'll leave to the both of you to pick the song" Simon told me.

"I wanna do Fire N Gold, Outlaws, Dracula, Heartless, and Lost in Stereo. Cover songs I wanna do English Love Affair by 5 Seconds of Summer and Somewhere in Neverland by All Time Low but are you serious I am going in a tour with Becky G?!"

"Yes it's a 3 month tour. You'll be sharing a bus with Becky as well since it'll just be the two of you in one buss while everyone else has there" my manager said.

"Wait my mom and Jason can't come?" I asked.

"Well it's up to them if they want to"

"Honey I don't think your brother and I will be able to go he has the band and I have to watch him since his still a minor. If you want you can take Alaska"

"Wait wait what about Lauren"

"If she wants and could she could join you on tour whenever she wants" Ski told me.

•••

Lauren and I walked to the secret lake I showed her and were our first date was with our fingers laced.

"Laur I gotta tell you something" I said breaking the silence.

"What is it?"

"I'm going on tour"

"Oh my god babe that's great!"

"You didn't let me finish it's a 3 month tour" and her smile faded. "But my manager said you'd be able to join me whenever you want"

"I'll see if I can go for a few weeks or something. When are you leaving"

"In about 2 weeks"

"I wanna spend every second I can with you before you leave" Lauren said while pulling me into a hug. I wrapped my arms tightly around her waist as she wrapped hers around my neck. "I'm gonna miss you"

"I'm gonna miss you too"

We pulled away and her brown eyes that were always filled with love were now filled with hurt. I saw a tear escape her eye. I cupped her cheeks whipping her tears with my thumbs.

"Hey pretty girls don't cry" I told her which caused her to smile. "I love you okay?"

"Forever?"

"Forever"

•••

2 weeks later

I'm leaving for tour today, all the Cimorelli's came to say goodbye. There was tears coming from Jason, my mom, and especially Lauren. I hugged all of them, Lauren was the last person I said goodbye too.

"I love you so much remember that okay. I may meet a million pretty girls that know my name Laur, but don't you worry because you have my heart. I promise when I get back we'll pick it up right were we left off. I promise you" I told Lauren and placed my lips on her forehead letting them stay there for longer then usual. I shut my eyes tightly fighting tears. "Lauren I need you to be strong, because if you're not I'm not" she nodded.