Chapter 8

Around noon I texted Lauren to be ready at 7. I told her I was gonna pick her up but she said she'll come over so her parents don't get suspicious of us dating. After she told me that I went downstairs and started making food around 5 for our date. I did some research on Lauren damn I really hope that that doesn't sound creepy. Anyway I found out that her favorite food is spaghetti so that's what I was making.

"Sweety are cooking dinner" my mom asked me putting bags of groceries on the counter

"Yea but not for y'all I have a date with Lauren"

"Awe that's sweet"

"Did you get the sour patch kids"

"Yea" my mom said and pulled out two big bags of them. "Why did you want me to but two bags"

"Lauren loves the sour patch kids so I'm taking one with me then the other stays in my room. And can you watch the spaghetti so I can go get dressed?"

"Sure"

I thanked her and I saw the time and it was 6:25pm. Thankfully I showered this morning and I didn't do anything today so I don't have to shower again.

I was tearing apart my closet when I heard my phone go off. I took it out of my pocket and Dani's picture was on the screen.

"Hey Dani I'm a little busy" I said holing my phone between my shoulder and the side of my head

"Yea I know for the date and stuff but Lauren doesn't know what to wear the room is literally covered in clothes. So what does she have to wear"

"She can wear hatever she wants something casual. What ever makes her comfortable"

"Okay thanks"

"Alright and remind her to be here by 7"

"Okay got it"

"Alright I gotta go"

"Okay bye"

"Bye" then the line went dead. I plugged in my phone and let it charge.

After a few more minuets I decided to wear a black shirt that had 'free hugs' written in big white letters on the front, grey skinny jeans that seemed faded, black and grey stripped hoodie, grey high top converse, and a light blue beanie with a picture of Finn from adventure time. By the time I was finished it was 6:50 my heart started pounding out of my chest.

"Hey Kayla everything is set up and Lauren's here" Jason told me from the other side of my door.

"Thanks Jace and do I look okay?" I asked nervously

"You look great" he smiled

"Thanks bro" I told him.

I walked downstairs nervously with my heart beating quickly. I reached the bottom of the stairs and I saw Lauren standing in front of the door wearing a red marvel shirt, light blue torn skinny jeans, a flannel shirt tied around her waist and red high tops. Her hair was wavy falling down her shoulders perfectly.

"Hey" I smiled at her.

"Hey" she said back and gave me a hug.

"What was that for?"

"I wanted a free hug" she told me and winked. I gave her a confused look then looked down at my shirt and smirked.

"So you ready to go"

"Yea"

I told my mom that I was leaving and she told me to be careful.

"So where are we going" Lauren asked and intertwined our fingers