Chapter 18

"Oh my god I can't believe this is happening!" I said as my mom pulled up to Syco Records.

"Believe it" Lauren said from the backseat. I put my hand behind the head rest of the car seat and Lauren held it in hers.

"So I'll pick you girl up just call me" my mom said and kissed my cheek. "I'm so proud of you" she told me.

"Thanks mom. I'll call you later."

I said and got out of the car along with Lauren. I grabbed my guitar case and backpack. Lauren intertwined our fingers as we walked into the building. I signed in with the lady at the front desk, then told me to be in studio B if Simon wasn't there yet to wait for him in there.

"Oh god is this even happening?" I asked as Lauren and I stepped into the elevator.

"Yes yes it is"

"ELEVATE A LITTLE HIGHER!" I yelled pointing my finger upward as the elevator started moving.

"You're so random at times" Lauren laughed.

"I keep this relationship weird and awesome" I said and smiled showing my teeth. "Two words that also describe me. Mostly awesome" I added

"No you're lame" Lauren told me.

"I am not lame I'm awesome!"

"You're lame to don't use Netflix nor have seen Grease or the notebook"

"Pfft I'm too G for Netflix"

"No you're lame"

"I. Am. Awesome"

"No. You. Are. Not" Lauren said as the elevated reached our floor walked out leaving me behind.

"No I'm not I'm fricking awesome" I said catching up to her.

We made our way down the hall and made our way to studio b. There was no one in there so I set my stuff down next to the couch that was in there.

"Oh god this is not happening" I said flopping down on the couch.

"Believe it because it is" Lauren said sitting next to me.

I got up from the couch and saw that past the glass were you record there was a grand piano. I opened the door the lead to it and sat down on the small bench. Lauren shortly sat next to me.

I fingers played the keys as Lauren watched a bit amazed. I've been showing her how to play whenever she's over my house or when I'm over hers and no ones home.

"Laur can you get my camera and laptop from my bag? Please" I asked her. She nodded and shortly came back with both of them.

I set up the camera and laptop up. Lauren was about to get up but I pulled her wrist.

"Stay" I said with a half smile.

"But you're gonna film a cover"

"Aaaaaaaand" I teased her. "I want you to be in it even if you do nothing just sit there. I always do my best when you're next to me"

"But-"

"Please"

"Fine" Lauren said and took her original seat next to me.

I started the camera and started playing.

"I love it when you just don't care

I love it when you dance like there's nobody there

So when it gets hard, don't be afraid

We don't care what them people say

I love it when you don't take no