Chapter Sixteen: The Monster Within

I staggered down the road that was the street of my current resident. I passed Allison's house, my hand wrapped around my stomach, holding my wound so the blood wouldn't pour out. I neared my house, my back still hunched over as the pain was unbearable. I approached my front door, my hand shaking into my jean back pocket, as I tried to grab my keys. I brought the keys into my little palm, my hand still shaking, it was like I was holding a vibrator in my hand....

I placed the key into the lock, twisting the key and the door clicked open. I pushed it open slowly, the house dark, no lights were on, only the street light that came in through the door. I weakly walked down the hall, heading for the kitchen and to the fridge. I could feel my fingers becoming wet with the new blood that continued to leak from the claw marks. The pain was becoming more unbearable, I winced as I pushed my palm onto the wound to try and stop the blood from flowing. I managed to reach the fridge, and pull it open, the light shined into my face, cool air washing over me. Blood bag after blood bag were stacked upon each other. I could smell the blood, I could taste it on my tongue. I could feel my face shift, my teeth sharpening, before my bloody hands lunged for the first blood bag closest, my teeth sinking straight into the blood, not caring to rip it open from the top.

I feed hungrily, not caring in the world to stop, within moments I had empty the whole bag from it's red substance. I quickly threw the empty bag onto the kitchen counter before grabbing another one from the shelf in the fridge, sinking my teeth into that one. Blood spurted out from the hole marks in the bag, gathering mess around my mouth as I emptied that bag. I could feel my energy coming back to myself, I was still weak from the magic usage, but I was good.

I relished in the energy coming back to myself, as I slowly rose my head up, dropping the blood bag to the floor. My eyes met myself in the reflection of the microwave, I could see my true face. Blood dripped down my chin, and onto the kitchen floor. I didn't care what I looked like right now, I was glad that I was fully fed. I feel myself beginning to heal. I lifted my cotton jumper up to see the marks disappear as I was healing faster with blood in my system.

 I lifted my cotton jumper up to see the marks disappear as I was healing faster with blood in my system

But as I stared into the reflection, a voice in the back of my head came out to speak it's own mind.

Monster...

Was the word that I heard, and it was right. I was a monster. I fed off of human blood for so long, and only recently switched to blood bags. My fingers traced the dark veins that appeared under my eyes, before they slowly receded into nothingness, as I just continued to stare in the reflection of the microwave. I closed my eyes slowly, feeling ashamed of what I've become. A Monster. The good, and the selflessness that I've done over my Immortal life was just a distraction of what I didn't want to see, and it was my way of justifying the habit of feeding off of innocent people.

In a way, I was hoping the good would outweigh the bad...

................................................