An Unexpected Life 22

Start from the beginning

“Don’t you think they were a bit harsh for cutting me out of their lives” I retorted.

“Well yes but...”

“There are no buts about this. I have made my decision and Leo made a promise so it is best that he leaves.”

“But what if you never see him again”

“I don’t care.”

“I know your lying”

I lay back on the bed and let out a sigh. He knew me too well and even though it did annoy me it was also why we got on so well. We had complete honesty whether we liked it or not.

 He lay back as well and turned on his side towards me. “He’s making an effort. It may be later than you wanted it to be but he is trying. I think that you should do the same.” J said before getting up and leaving me in the bedroom alone to think.

 I really didn’t need this right now. I had Vince dropping the bombshell that I somehow had to find a chip in the world’s hardest treasure hunt and now I had to think about Leo. I didn’t want to lose him but I don't think that now is the right time for this but if I don’t deal with this now then when would I. Deep down I knew that both of my dilemmas have to be dealt with immediately. I jumped up off the bed to deal with the first of my problems.

As I sat down opposite Leo he stared quietly waiting for me to make the first move. 

"I am sorry for being rude" I said. J smiled at me and Becks breathed a deep sigh of relief. As soon as there is any tensions she can’t deal with it so this would make her feel more comfortable whilst making me feel more awkward. I still didn’t see why I had to apologise but I knew it was the only way to move forward. 

"I am sorry for being a bad brother. I should have been there for you sooner." 

"You can stay a bit longer with us if you want" J butted in. I shot him an evil glare but he took no notice.

"That would be great. If you don’t mind Teri?" Leo replied. 

"Yeah" I barely managed to get the word out but J would have made him stay anyway. He is very stubborn and even I wouldn’t get him to change his mind about this. He thinks he is my fairygod mother or something.

Becks decided to fill the silence with her not so interesting twilight facts as she continued to read the battered book. Leo nodded politely along with her rambling as I moved to sit next to J.

"Thanks for that" I whispered sarcastically in his ear.

"You’re welcome" he cheerily replied. 

As Classic my MKTO came onto the radio Lee turned the music up and belted the song out encouraging us all to join in. So obviously we did because no one wants to deal with an upset Lee. 

After a few more songs we eventually pulled over and Lee drove into a field. I got up out of my seat and stood by Lee with my hand on his chair to see that he hadn’t gone crazy and decided to off road with an RV. 

"Lee. The roads back there" I pointed out

"Silly Billy I am taking us on an adventure" Lee replied as he as bouncing in his chair from excitement. 

"This adventure could include a road Lee" I suggested just as we drove over a hill in the field and on the other side a multi-coloured balloon and a basket came into view.

"See Teri it’s an adventure in the sky." He said in a childlike whisper as he parked the RV. I got out first excited to be able to finally stretch my legs. J and Leo followed me but Lee put his hands around Becks eyes before letting her get out. Becks are panicky enough but a Beck that couldn’t see and had to walk down steps was hyperventilating. I had to grab her hand and guide her down them before she passed out.  

Lee guided her forward before removing his hands as he yelled surprise.

As Becks saw the hot air balloon she hugged Lee yelling thank you over and over before running over to the basket. Lee followed her skipping along and singing that his adventure is about to begin as the rest of us followed in a more normal way. As we got closer a young woman about our age emerged from behind the basket and at that moment I no longer felt J's presence beside me. I looked weather side of me but he wasn’t there. I then turned around and a stunned J stood frozen with sweat pouring down his face. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I dont think that it turned out as long as I wanted but it was like 5 pages on microsft word so I dont know I have to get back into it I think.

Please comment and let me know what you think

Thanks for reading and hopefuly I will upload soon