•Day 43• Will

Start from the beginning

Emma was strike one. Draven was strike two.
Strike three was just too much for me to bear.

I grabbed the photo album off the locker shelf and headed straight for Holly's locker. I didn't stop. I didn't think. I didn't consider my actions.

I entered Holly's code that I had memorized in case she forgot (it was highly likely since she shared a mind with four others) and I carefully placed the photo album under a stack of her textbooks, knowing full well that she'd see it.

Ever since Holly had given it to me, I used the album as a record for everything I did related to Project Mirror, Mirror. I had no intention of giving it to her back then, of course. It was just for my own personal collection to remember Holly forever. In the course of it all, many things changed.

When Holly would see the photo album, she'd remember everything. She'd know about what all I'd done for her. She'd know about her relationship with Emma, she'd finally know about her secret fourth alter Brynn and she'd know that I loved her. It was high time she knew just how much.

I did this knowing full well that at any moment, things could go terribly wrong.

I did this knowing that Holly could lose the alters and become just Holly again, or become a new person altogether. 

I knew all of this, and yet I didn't turn back. 

I started pacing towards the front doors, when I saw Ava and Holly walking inside. When I saw her, all the emotions came pouring to the surface. I didn't care if she was Holly or Elody or Alora or anyone else. I didn't care. No matter what everyone else said, they were still one person. They still shared a heart. A heart that Holly said belonged to me. 

"Holly, how could you do this to me?" I asked, before I could stop myself. I wanted to break down all over again, but my anger was the one thing that stopped me. 

"Wha-what did I do?" She asked innocently, completely caught off guard.

"Will, leave her alone," Ava snapped, not in the mood to sympathise with me. She was just about to steer Holly away from me, when I had another outburst.

"After all we'd been through? How could you, Holly?" I asked, trying hard not to sob. Thankfully, the corridors were deserted apart from the three of us. We were always at school an hour early so that we could hang out because usually the three of us plus Ted were tied up with work, tutoring and family stuff. Then, I couldn't be more thankful for our odd routine. 

"I don't know what you're talking about!" Holly shouted, looking like she wanted to burst into tears as well. 

We'd only ever fought so seriously once in our lives and that was before we'd gotten together. It was when Holly had finally confronted me about Thea. It was so long ago that I'd forgotten what it had felt like. Horrible, no doubt. But was it as bad as this? Did it end as badly as this one did?

"It's not her fault, Will," Ava glared at me. She looked like she wanted to murder me then and there. I knew this was bound to happen. However close Ava and I were, Holly came first. There was no questioning her protectiveness.

"Ava, stay out of this," I snapped back, fully aware of how idiotic I was beginning to sound. Sure, it wasn't Ava's fault. It wasn't Holly's fault either. There was no point to this argument, but I couldn't stop myself.