•Day 13• Alora

First Ava didn't bother to tell me she landed herself a boyfriend

First Ava didn't bother to tell me she landed herself a boyfriend. That was strike number one considering I was the captain of Ted and Ava's ship. 

Then, she set me up to go on a double date with them and Ted's best friend Will. That was strike number two because she knew I wasn't the gooey romantic type when it came to my own love life. 

And finally, for the grand finale, she forced me into a dress. Yes, it was black, but it was still a dress and that was most definitely crossing the line. She even made me wear eyeliner, but I wasn't so bothered by that because it made me look less like a zombie. Sure, I didn't care about this date, but I'd rather walk away from him than have him run away from me.

"Are you sure I look okay?" Ava asked for the billionth time, and I reassured her yet again that she looked gorgeous and that Ted was going to fall even harder upon seeing her. It was funny seeing her all dolled up. My best friend Ava, the only girl in the world more sassy and sarcastic than me, the one who was always clad in a band tee and Converse, the girl who didn't care in the least what anyone else thought. Yet here she was, dressed in a dark blue dress, her straight black hair falling behind her back, nervously checking in the mirror if her makeup was looking okay. My baby girl was all grown up. 

"Let's go, A," I sighed, and she turned to face me with a wide grin atop her face. She looked stunning. "Here's hoping he'll still like me after I eat like a pig and spill sauce on my dress,"she chuckled. "If he doesn't like the best things about you, he's not worth keeping around,"I smiled, and pushed her out the door before she could doubt herself any more. 

By the time we met up with Will and Ted at the restaurant, it was already half past nine. I was growing tired, having only slept for three hours the previous night. I just wanted to go home. I didn't want to meet this guy or eat at this restaurant or wreck Ted and Ava's magical night in any way. Yet something told me that I was going to get irritable very soon.

"Hi, I'm Will,"he said, interrupting my thoughts. Before I knew it, Ted and Ava disappeared and I almost rolled my eyes out of frustration. What part of double date did they not understand? If they were going to sit alone anyway why did they have to string me and Will along? 

"Should we go find them?" I asked. I felt a hundred things at once in that moment. Self pity because I had zero skills when it came to socializing, anger towards Ava for deserting me with a stranger, jealousy towards Ted and Ava for having love easy and tiredness due to lack of sleep. 

"There aren't any places available. Only a table for two,"he sighed, noticing my frustration. I felt bad for him, having to deal with a grumpy Alora for the whole night. But he just didn't understand how badly I wanted to get out of this place. 

"Can we go somewhere else then?"I asked, hoping he'd hear the desperation in me voice. "Please?"I tried again, when he didn't answer. 

"I came in Ted's car. We're pretty much stranded here until they're done with their date,"he said weakly. I took a deep breath. He wanted to get out of here as badly as I did, so there was no use putting the blame on him. We were allies now.