Teaser

All my life, I have never set foot outside the castle's walls.

I was always guarded and carefully watched upon, in fear of not hurting myself, yet... now, looking back in the past, I see the great mistake that was made by doing so.

After that night, I don't remember much of what happened, only screams and the sound of wood burning, as if it were in a fireplace.

Right now, it was silent. No sound, no nothing. Just silence.

I was in a forest, covered from head to toe in fresh blood, I felt it leaking from my hands and face, blood soaking my dress and hair.

For the first time in my life, I didn't wish to return to the castle.

⊱⋅ ──────────── ⋅⊰

"Why do you desire to die?"

"Why? I have been alive for almost fifty years, yet I look the same as I did on my twentieth birthday. Unable to age and deemed to hurt others when my emotions get in a mix. That is why."

⊱⋅ ──────────── ⋅⊰

"Cardis Etrama D. Raizel."

"That's a long name you've got. So, what should I call you? Raizel? Does that sound good to you?"

Nod

"Raizel it is then."

"My name. . .is Annalise. Nightingale Annalise. P-pleased to meet y-you!"

He couldn't help it. He really couldn't stop the smile forming on his lips at the sight of her flustered figure.

⊱⋅ ──────────── ⋅⊰

"Why do they call you 'cursed'?"

"Because, there always seem to be two people in control of this body. They call me cursed based on what they already know about me, about my biggest mistake from fifty years ago, the day that I lost my first battle to the newfound evil side of me."

⊱⋅ ──────────── ⋅⊰

"Do you. . .ever wish life would be different?"

"Hmm? Not really, but I do want to change some aspects of the past. . .the darker parts, that is. . ."

⊱⋅ ──────────── ⋅⊰

To be continued. . .

Coming out on September 12th. . .