2.11 Constellations

Crystal waved and basically jumped outside the commom room. Regulus was waiting for her by the corridor. They just wanted to get away from Balthazar as soon as possible.

-------

The Astronony tower, as its name already indicated, was not to be reached before indulging in some hardcore stair marathon. As Regulus reached the end of the stairs a little out of breath, but with a cheerful disposition, he waited for Crystal. A teasing grin gres on his face as Crystal finally reached the end of the staircase, huffing and puffing and leaning against the cold wall to breathe in.

"What?!" She exclaimed, looking at Regulus with a slight frown.

"I thought you said you were more skilled with this kind of stairs. What a liar!"

"I am!" She looked to the side, ignoring his amusement. "I'm just tired from the dungeons, that's all!"

He liftef an eyebrow towards her.

"Well, maybe I'm emotionally tired too. Who knows. This is also the tallest tower, so..." She sighed as she caught her breath and stood up, ready to keep walking. "Let's just hope this place is open."

Regulus nodded slightly, but only for a short time. As Crystal examined the door, she clearly started struggling trying to pry it open.

"We're not supposed to be here, of course it's going to be closed." He said, as he leaned against the wall close to the door.

"Well, yeah?" She seemed to think to herself for a while, then started trying to open the door again. "Well, you're right. Damn, they only open this for classes."

"So?"

"No, wait. We're going in." Crystal let out a mischievous smile as she cast a non verbal charm to unlock the door. "Gotcha! Let's go!"

"Did you learn that with your cousin?"

"Of course not! I know some charms, you know?" She seemed to catch on the subtle meanings. "Oh. Oh. Because we're breaking in a restricted area?"

"I don't know if I feel comfortable here."

"It will have to do. This is the best place for stargazing."

"And to be caught and have a detention." he shrugged as he let his shoulders relax. "Alright."

"Just let me get my things ready." Crystal smiled gently as she threw her things on the floor and sorted it out quickly.

"The stars will come out soon."

He sighed as he sat on the floor, looking upwards to the open night sky. They spent a lot of time climbing from the dungeons to the tower, and they were mostly silent through their stair climbing journey. Crystal calmly sat on the floor, feeling the coldness from the stones and the chilly winds that dared to pass by, every now and then. She kept a comfortable distance from Regulus, as she made herself comfortable on the stiff ground and opened her notebook and kept it close, with her quill ready to work when needed.

Regulus was relaxed and she could see that he closed his eyes and kept it like that for a while. The wind passed through his hair and caressed his face. He opened his eyes slowly, as if waking up lazily after having a good dream. He scanned her expression and then turned to the now starry sky.

"The dusk is finally over."

"So our avoidance should be, too."  Her tone was serious, contrasting with her expression of tranquility. "What did you want to talk about?"

"Do you have any suspicions?"

"Sort of... Maybe?"

A small silence ocurred between them. Crystal thought that maybe she should guess what it was abour, but her thoughts were interrupted by his voice.