Prologue

Her footsteps sounded off the walls of the alley. The sharp clacks against the pavement somehow conveyed a hurried sort of nervousness, but she didn't know why she was so anxious.

She wasn't used to closing the salon down alone, but it was barely after dark-far earlier than usual. Still, something tonight was making her skin crawl. She shuddered against the cold and picked up the pace, shoving her hands in her coat pockets.

The mouth of the alley opened up just a few more steps away, and she hurried her pace to a jog, feeling just a little foolish. She was in one of the safest cities in the country; she had no reason to be so paranoid. But why did she feel like she was being watched?

When she reached the mouth of the alley, she stopped, looking around and breathing a sigh of relief. That was her mistake.

It was the last breath she ever took.

-

'Laurel Westside a 17 year old teenager was reported missing yesterday evening. According to the witnesses, she was last seen closing down Millicent's salon due to her boss being ill. No one has seen her since. Reports say that a familiar but very dangerous figure also known as Seth Evans went missing at the time of her disappearance. More on Westside after the break-'

Turning of the TV, he gave a small grunt. He stood up running his hands through his hair while thinking about what he just saw on the news. His eyes trailed evilly around the room like a hawk. Hearing the knock on the door of his office. He answered.

'Come in'

His voice was husky.

Entering the office was his PA who by the looks of it was very scared as she trembled a bit looking at her boss.

"Boss, I think I've found some clues to help us find her."

The PA walked to the desk and put down a couple of pictures, a handwritten note and a tracking device. Smirking, her boss picked up one of the pictures and the note.

"Perfect Becky. I want all my men to meet me tomorrow morning 8am sharp downstairs to discuss on how to finish my plan on capturing her."

His PA gave a small cough looking nervous.

"You set them doing some work somewhere in the south of LA, err boss.."

Bang. He slammed the picture and note down on his desk. His green eyes looked livid, his body trembling with anger.

"Do what I say and get them to stop what they are doing and get themselves over here tomorrow morning then you fool."

Petrified, his PA nodded her head shaking.

"Good. Your excused now. You may leave."

Giving a small sigh he fell back in his seat thinking as the door closed. Finally things are starting to take shape. He is once again returning. Smirking he thought about the effect he had on Becky and the others which shows they are almost frightened of him. He liked the thought of that.

Picking up the pictures Becky put on the desk, he scanned it. The girl on it was beautiful. He smirked as he looked at the picture.

"Finally. Finally I am one step closer to making her mine," He whispered softly as he closed his eyes and drifted of to a deep sleep with the girl on his mind.