9. Finding out

Few days later...

It was the day of the dinner with my mums friend and son as I sat on my bed with all sorts of notes and pens scattered on my duvet. My laptop sat on my lap as I held the card that the women gave me a few days ago.

I decided to research and find out more about this place she advised me to go to. I typed in the school on Google and it came up with all sorts of websites and sources. I scrolled down and clicked on what seemed to be the official website of the school.

It just had the logo of the school, several tabs and contact details but nothing else that gives away why the women was so mysterious. I let out a frustrated sigh jotting down the address of the school on the back of the card before going back to the Google homepage.

I thought for a few minutes on what else I could do as I idea popped up in my head. I mentally face palmed myself at the obvious solution.

I had to check this school out by person if it was to give me any information I needed.

I stood up, tidying up the notes and the pens lying on my bed and I shut down my laptop placing it on my desk.

I quickly put on a plain black hoodie as I was just wearing black leggings and a shirt. I put on my black converse and tied my hair back into a high ponytail glancing at my reflection in the mirror then I grabbed my phone and the note with the address jotted at the back.

I took one final glance at my room to make sure I haven't left anything then I went downstairs.

"Where are you off to Sky? My mum stood at the bottom of the stairs raising her eyebrow as I reached the last step.

I quickly thought about some excuse that she would believe.

"You do realise we are going to that dinner tonight don't you?" She said as I slowly nodded.

"Yeah I haven't forgotten, I'm just going to get a few things for the dinner." I told her as she nodded and I let out a sigh of relief.

"Don't be late, be back before 5pm," my mum shouted when I went to the front door and I shouted back promising I would.

I got into my black Range Rover and buckled my seatbelt. I typed the address of the school in the gps and saw the school was about 20 minutes from where I live. I checked the time on my iPhone, it read 14:47.

Great, I have plenty of time to check out the school before going back home and not to mention I need to pick a random accessory to make my mum believe I was getting something. I made a mental note of what I needed to do as I backed away from the driveway and drove to the direction of the school.

-

I finally arrived at the school and parked my car in the schools car park and I got out. Surprisingly there was some security around the school outside as I walked to the entrance but some man dressed in black gear blocked my way in.

He looked at me up and down taking me in and spoke into his watch on his wrist letting me through as I went in thanking him.

I felt nervous as I looked around, taking in the entrance.

It was really posh and grand in here as there was old fashioned paintings and red curtains and matching chairs.

I went to a desk in the other side of the room which I spotted when I walked in here assuming it was the reception.

I cleared my throat and a middle aged women with half moon spectacles looked up examining me as she took me in.

"How can I help you?" she asked me and I couldn't help but notice she had some faint British accent to her posh voice which made me curious as I replied.