15. Waking up

"There is no one you could trust in life because everyone has that something evil inside them."

-

There was pain everywhere.

My whole body didn't move, it was like it has shut down and left me and my mind to do something about it. I tried to open my mouth to say something or even shout, but nothing.

It hurt to open my eyes and I let out a frustrated sigh as I suddenly felt tired and worn out.

There were voices all around me and my vision was blurred when I opened my eyes a little bit trying to see who the voices belonged to.

Even the movement of opening my eyes made pain sear right through my forehead which made me wince. I literally couldn't do anything without somewhat hurting myself and this pain was the death of me.

I felt a sudden warm contact on my left hand and my hand was squeezed which somehow comforted me. I once again struggled to squeeze back whatever it was which was painful for me and even my eyes wouldn't open to see who it was.

I wanted to scream, cry or do something but there was a sudden shot of pain up my right arm and I was drifted into a deep slumber with nothing but pain to keep me alive.

---

Beep. Beep. Beep.

I groaned as the annoying sound pierced into my head making it ache.

Beep. Beep. Beep.

I gave out a frustrated yell as I banged my hand against something soft but firm beneath me.

I struggled to make sense of what happened and where I was when a sudden thought occurred in my head.

Wait a minute, if I can move my hand surely my eyes would open?

There's only one way to find out.

I took a deep breath which made my throat hurt as it was surprisingly raw but I took no notice.

I opened my eyes slightly and a sudden bright light blinded me as I quickly shut my eyes wincing. I tried opening my eyes again, blinking rapidly so I adjusted to the bright light and everything around me.

My eyes saw a familiar figure coming towards me and I saw those familiar hazel eyes which made my heart beat faster. I opened my mouth to say something to him but the words were caught in my throat so I was struggling to even say a word.

A tear fell out of my eye as I gazed up at him and the beautiful smile he had on his face made my heart swell.

Justin leaned down and brushed away the escaped tear and I closed my eyes smiling at the familiar tingle that always happens when he touches me.

I opened my eyes to see Justin with tears in his eyes as he sat down on the bed, careful to not cause any pain for me whilst doing so.

He stroked my brown hair and gently combed his fingers through my hair letting it fall in a cluster around me.

I curiously watched his movements as I began to wonder what I was doing in a-

I looked around and saw it was a white room with some uncomfortable looking chairs. There was a small table next to me with a bowl of fruit and a lot of balloons, gifts and cards at the end of my bed.

-wait I'm in a hospital. I finish my though as I stared at the gifts bewildered.

What the hell happened?!

I closed my eyes trying to get a small flashback or even a glimpse of the past 24 hours because getting flashbacks is a habit of mine.

So there's a memory of Justin splashing water at me.