[ Normal | Third Person ]

"Thank you, Mary. Go eat with John and order anything you like." Nana sat down and let her helpers have some time off as she waited for the others to come.

"Liam James! Is Zayn with you?" Nana questioned Liam as soon as he went down the stairs, dressed in a plain white dress shirt under a grey vest with a black tie. (A/N: it's the one he wore at the One Thing MV.)

"What's going on? Did you talk to him already?" Nana continued asking before getting interrupted, "He's not with me, he told me to just meet him here." Liam rolled the sleeves of his dress shirt and looked around, hoping Zayn wouldn't do anything stupid.

Then he dropped his voice into a whisper, "I haven't talked to him about it yet." he frowned, feeling the guilt he felt increase more and more before Harry and Louis went down the steps.

"Nana, Liam." Harry went over and pressed a kiss on Nana's cheek before giving Liam a one-arm hug, "What's the occasion, Li?" Louis quizzed simultaneously.

"I don't know." Liam replied, just as Zayn went down the stairs, "Ah, there he is." Louis said, making everyone look at the tanned lad.

Zayn kept his gaze at Liam as he walked over to Nana and kissed her cheek as a greeting before stepping in front of Liam, "Hi." Zayn smiled at his spouse.

"Come here for a minute." Liam grabbed Zayn's hand and pulled him away from their friends and family, "What's the dinner for?" Liam drawled skeptically.

Zayn tightened his hold on Liam's hand and exhaled sharply, "Tonight is a very special night, I hope you'll be proud of me." he placed a kiss on Liam's cheek just as a familiar voice echoed.

"Hello mom." Zayn's dad greeted, "Son, what are you doing here?" Nana retorted enthusiastically, returning the embrace that her son gave.

"I was invited, of course." he nodded, walking over to the couple, "Zayn, long time no see!" he grinned happily.

"How long has it been? A couple years?" he continued, making Zayn a bit hesitant to speak up, "Zayn, my son, I have a slight resentment against you." he lowered his voice, causing Liam and Zayn to exchange looks.

"Do you really hate me that much that you.., ah, didn't invite me to your wedding?" he finished before Louis gulped nervously for his friends.

"Zayn, it was a joke! Loosen up." the man chuckled earning relieved sighs from the couple.

"Now do me a favor and introduce me to this handsome young lad beside you." he stepped forward and smiled at Liam. He doesn't have any problem with his son's choice at all, if Zayn's happy, then he's happy.

"Dad, this is Liam, my spouse." Zayn snaked an arm around Liam's waist to calm him down a bit, "Liam, this is my dad, Yaser Malik."

"Ah, hello, sir." Liam shook the man's hand and vise versa, "Pleased to meet you."

"No, son. The pleasure is mine." Yaser nodded with a smile before Zayn introduced his stepmom too.

Then Harry was called upstairs before returning back, "Zayn, there's a lad outside who claims that you invited him. With blonde hair?" the Cheshire lad jabbed his thumb upstairs and scrunched his eyebrows.

"Oh, right. Liam, just wait here yeah?" Zayn toddled upstairs and left the others as Liam sent Nana a helpless look.

"Thought you were jokin' on inviting me here for a sec, buddy." an Irish accent scoffed jokingly before making an appearance below, "Hello Liam." Niall smirked at his baffled best friend, walking over to him.