Author's Note:

It'll be mostly third person's POV from now on. :)

- xx -

[ Normal | Third Person ]

"Where are we even going?" Liam complained, tugging on his blue teddy bear costume.

Zayn insisted that he wear it for the whole day, but didn't tell him why.

Something must've possessed him that time because he agreed to it.

"Just trust me, Li." Zayn placed the bear's head on Liam to complete the costume, "I can't see anything!" Liam immediately held onto Zayn's wrists.

"I'll help you." Zayn said, just before his husband tripped, "Slowly. Slowly." the raven emphasized, tightening his grip a bit before assisting the bear costume-clad lad to the house.

When they went in, everyone gave them weird looks to which Zayn just grinned at before removing Liam's bear costume's head.

Liam and his family just yelled in glee before hugging each other, "Pops! My family!"

"You don't know how much this means to our family, thank you!" Geoff averred, still hugging Liam, "Big hug!" Nicola cheered, pulling Zayn into their embrace.

"Let's eat!" everyone let go of each other, but somehow Liam and Zayn ended up wrapping their arms around each other, "Thank you so much, I'm so happy Zayn!" Liam thanked and thanked, nosing Zayn's shoulder.

"Umm." Tyler and Luke both stared at the married couple, making the two pull away from each other and shift awkwardly on their feet.

"Happy birthday, Tyler!" Liam just yelled, scooping the boy up his arms and began playing with him.

And that seem to make his nephews forget what just happened.

--

"Forty years."

"Just have fun together." Ronnie Fernandez leaned back on her husband's shoulder and laughed, "Keep on making your partner laugh, and yeah." Ken Fernandez nodded approvingly.

--

"We need a screwdriver, Zayn." Liam reminded while Zayn stopped and eyed the items on their left side.

Liam noticed his husband's smirk and stare, which was going up and down his body so he looked at where Zayn peered at before him.

It was a shower head.

Wait.

Liam's brain gears finally started working.

"Fuckin' pervert!" Liam growled before hitting Zayn's arm and walked away from him.

"You're disgusting." Liam mumbled as a warning but Zayn just chuckled and stared at Liam's behind.

--

"You have to spice up your marriage."

"Make a lot of...yeah."

The couple snorted and laughed before Nick moved his hand to a cut action, "Censor that, please."

--

Zayn slowly slid the doors open and looked at Liam's sleeping form.

It's now or never.

Zayn toddled his way to where Liam was facing at and kneeled, unscrewing the cap of the marker and inching closer in order to draw better.

But instead he found himself just staring, letting the marker dry and spread its smell, causing Liam to wake up just as Zayn's lips were about to touch his.

"What are you doing here?" Liam asked alarmingly, eyes wide and hands gripping the pillow in fright.

"I-," Zayn was cut off by Liam forcefully laughing, "Okay, haha, you were going to draw on my face again, aren't ya?"

"Um, yes, but I'm also here to remind you that we'll leave early tomorrow." Zayn reasoned, but he thought maybe they could visit Nana.

"We're going to Nana's, okay?" Zayn was backing away from the bed, "Okay." Liam confirmed before Zayn left the room.

Liam was about to close his eyes, but Zayn opened the door and peeked, "Don't forget, yeah? Good night!"

Then he finally left.

--

"Nana, I heard that Dad's back from LA." Zayn averred, offering Liam some food, which became a reflex since the day he first did it.

That's his job, right?

To take care of his spouse.

"He arrived this morning." Nana stated, pleased with her grandson's actions to his partner.

"Why don't we...have dinner together?" Zayn suggested, shocking Nana and Liam, "Liam, the family, everyone!"

"Yeah." Nana replied unsurely, but happily, "Yeah, Nana. Salad?" Zayn offered, eyebrows raised and lips curled into a small smile.

--

"How long have you been married?" Zayn asked to Granny Czarina and Grandpa Benjamin.

"Fifty-one years." Czarina kept her arms tangled with her husband's, "A lot of people told me that I could leave him any time because he will never remember."

"But I made a promise, that I'll never leave his side." Czarina explained.

"It was a vow we made, To have and to hold. In richer and in poorer. In sickness and in health."

Czarina looked down on their arms, "I think that's really the secret."

"Who are you?" Benjamin snapped back to reality and asked his wife, "I. Love. You." Czarina pronounced near his ear, making the man smile and kiss his wife's hand.

On the other side of the room, Liam looked up, wiped his tears and sniffled while Zayn was just admiring him.

--

"Alright, no more coin toss. You'll take it." Zayn stood up before grabbing a pillow but Liam pulled him back making the Bradford lad fall to the mattress.

"Oh no, I've hogged the bed for too long now. Go on, I'll take the couch so I can experience it for once." Liam turned to stand up but Zayn's mind worked quickly and formed a simple solution to their problem.

So Zayn hugged Liam's waist and pulled him back to bed before the older man cuddled the Wolverhampton lad, who was screwing his eyes shut with his cheeks flushed, "Let's just sleep beside each other, Liam!" Zayn stated playfully.

"I feel so harassed!" Liam wiggled out of the cuddle and glared at Zayn, "I can't allow this." Liam hit Zayn with his pillow as soon as he sat up, making the raven fall back, again.

"Okay, it's on." Zayn hit him with his own pillow and then it turned into a pillow fight making the feathers fly out and scatter.

After a while, exhaustion caught up to Zayn, making him slow down and remove a feather on Liam's lower lip.

Then they both leaned closer and shut their eyes slowly.

And they connected their lips into a kiss.

- xx -

Author's Note:

OHMYGOSH THEY KISSED //screams

Happy 4th anniversary, boys! ♥︎

FIRST ANNIVERSARY AS MEN. I REPEAT, MEN.

;; - ;;

On the other hand, hoped you like this update~!

7 / 23 / 14