[ Normal | Third Person ]

"Harry, what did you do?" Zayn immediately growled when he saw the lad, "I told him the truth," Harry said bluntly, "--that we spent all of the down payment."

Zayn bit his tongue and passed by Harry, "I'll go talk to him."

"It's too late," Harry turned around and faced Zayn, who stopped on his heels, "He already gave the project to your dad."

"What?! What the fuck's your problem?!" Zayn ran to Harry and shoved him, "Zayn, stop it!" Liam yelled as he and Louis sprung into action and held the two back, moving them away from each other as the yelling continued.

"You know that I'm doing everything I can to get the money back!" Zayn fought against Liam's hold, "It's our company too!" Harry screamed back as he tried to remove Louis' grip on him.

"Zayn, let's go," Liam ushered Zayn away before turning back to Louis, "Take care of him, Lou."

Zayn and Liam went to the elevator while Louis was left to calm Harry down.

--

[ Liam ]

Zayn swiftly got out of the elevator before making his way to the car, "Zayn, you shouldn't have done that." I scolded, frowning slightly.

"Stay out of it," he faced me, uttering angrily, "You have no fucking idea how important that account is to me."

"Harry is your mate, I'm sure he just wanted to help," I stated, "He's not my friend, he's just my employee." Zayn retorted with a glare, "As a matter of fact, you are too. You're just an employee. So just do your bloody job and stay out of my personal life!" he turned and got in the car.

Okay, that hurt.

Before he can close the door, I spoke, "Zayn, I just want to help you too."

"I'm not a charity case! I don't need your help!" his voice got louder and his words turned more hurtful, "And by the looks of it, the account's gone! So that means I no longer need you! So just fuck off of my life!" he slammed the door and drove off.

--

"I never saw him that mad before." I said, pinching the skin on my fingers, "It's too much, I don't think I can take it anymore." I felt a tear stream down my cheek.

"I'm so sorry, Liam." Nana wrapped her arms around me as she rubbed my back gently, "Come. I'll show you something." she stood up and took something from the shelf.

"A photo album?" I quizzed, wiping my cheeks as Nana opened the album to a page where a picture of a boy and his father was tucked in, "See, this is Zayn and his father."

Her finger glided to another photo, "My son was Zayn's hero. He loved his father so dearly, but you know as they say... Sometimes, the people you love the most, those are the people that will also hurt you the most," she said lightly, "You know why? Zayn was the one who found out that his dad had another family. And that he wanted to leave."

"Zayn begged him. He pleaded for his father to stay, but..," Nana trailed off, "He still left." I said, finishing her sentence while looking down at my hands before seeing Nana nod solemnly.

"That was the last time I heard him say please." Nana continued, "And then after a few years, his mother died. That was his breaking point."

"That's when he broke. Since then, he started to become reckless. He became angry." Nana closed the album, "He wasn't like that at all. Liam, my grandson is not a heartless monster."