dinner with vampires 15

Everyone was eating their food in such a boring silence, and I found myself thinking, "What a dull and overly serious family."

Suddenly, their mother broke this monotonous silence and said after wiping her mouth with a tissue:

"So, Jared, when are you gonna get married?"

I looked at him in amazement. Will he get married? What is she saying? Who will he marry?

He let go of my hand, which he was holding gently, and seemed disturbed by her question. He said after an annoying sigh:

"I haven't decided yet! I haven't even thought about it."

She said in her sharp voice:

"But you told me that you chose this girl to be pregnant with my grandchild and that she would not be just for your entertainment?"

My eyes widened as I heard her words. Am I so special that he told his mother about me?

Oh my God, this means she means me with what she said seconds ago.

I am the one he will marry?

Suddenly, I started staring at his middle brother's wife in horror. Is this how I will be? Will I become like her if I marry a vampire?

He answered his mother's question:

"Yes, this is true, mother. I intend to have children with Irene, but I have not determined the appropriate time yet, and since Irene has not completed a week here, it is still early."

I didn't like the way he spoke. He was talking about himself.

"I intended... I decided...will fuck him. It seemed like I had no opinion at all.

His mother said:

"If you genuinely intend to have children with her, you should marry her, you know, for the sake of the family name.

Our family is an important one in this kingdom. It must always appear in the best image in front of society. As for Irene, then yes, a good choice. She is a remarkably beautiful girl, and she will give birth to wonderful children for you.
It's a good fit, but is she ready for this responsibility? To be a member of our family in the future?"

I don't understand what she means by a future member of our family?

I'm afraid she means exactly what I understand. I think she wants me to be one of them, a vampire.

I turned to the bastard Jared, looking for an explanation. He said:

“Yes, mother, Irene is suitable. She's a fast learner; she receives daily lessons now. But, as I told you before, it is still too early to delve into these future matters.”

Finally, I understood what Jared really wanted and what he was planning. He didn't just want children, as he always said; he wanted a family, a wife, and children.

That's why he's interested in teaching me their way of life.

"He's preparing me to be one of them..."

His mother said in a sarcastic tone:

"Clearly, the poor girl doesn't know anything?"

Jayden laughed while I noticed the annoyance on Jared's features, the bastard who wants me as a wife and
did not tell me that. Here I am now hearing it from his mother.