There was a newfound beauty to her when she sang. She was always breathtaking, even when she believed she was at her worst. But when she sang, she took it to a completely new level. Today, her hair cascaded down her shoulders in glistening waves, her eyes were closed in a serene state, not one line visible on her face. Her body was completely without stress and confliction. When she sang, nothing else mattered, it worked like a vacuum for her as well.

When she finished, she opened her eyes slowly as a smile spread across her lips. She turned to me with pride written across her features.

"Oh sweetheart, you really are brilliant at the guitar," She says and I beam.

She pats the seat next to her and I carefully remove the strap of the guitar and join her. She wraps an arm around me to pull me into a side-hug. She presses a kiss to my head and I breathe in her scent. Jasmine, like her soap, lotion and perfume. It was calming, just like everything else about her.

"You are going to grow up and do spectacular things. With your kind heart, natural intelligence and talents, you are going to change the world. You can be anything you want to be in life, never forget that. I do not care what your father says, if you do not want to inherit his company, then don't. We both know he will do whatever I tell him. If that is what you want to do, that is also fine. I just want you to know that your choices are never limited.

"You are the kindest boy I have ever met, and perhaps I am biased, but I know it to be true. I think your friendship with Marco is the perfect representation of this. You have this unbelievable ability to learn things in an instant. Your mind is filled with so many things, and you still have so much to learn. With this knowledge, you will have unchallengeable power. Let's not forget the resources at your fingertips thanks to the successes of your father and I that we are so grateful for.

"My darling, you hold the world in your hands. You can do whatever you want with it. Don't forget to fall in love, of course. My life would be nothing if not for your father, I would not even have you. Your father changed my life the moment I met him. He may seem so intimidating, but I know how soft and kind he truly is. I love that he seems to save all of it for the two of us so that we are overwhelmed by his love. He is the greatest man I have ever known, and I am the luckiest woman alive to be married to him and to share him child. I know that you will find all of this in your long, prosperous life. I cannot wait to meet the girl who manages to steal my little boy's heart. She will be an angel, just like you."

There were tears in my eyes as she kissed me again. I whispered that I loved her, and she whispered it back. I closed my eyes, and treasured that moment.

"DIEGO, I NEED to talk to you," My father says in the doorway of my bedroom

I noticed the creases on his forehead that seemed to have appeared within a few hours, and that he seemed to have become visibly older since this morning. He was smiling in the morning because today was my mother's last show of her farewell concert and it was in our city. I would finally have my mother back.