• 21 •

THE NEXT MORNING I woke up warm, even though the blanket was hardly on me

THE NEXT MORNING I woke up warm, even though the blanket was hardly on me. I saw the muscular arm wrapped around my waist, and felt the hard chest that was pressed against my back. And then there was the soft breaths hitting the side of my neck.

Diego and I had slept together.

But like really really slept together.

I smiled lightly. Even though I had given my first time away, to Diego Hernandez of all people, I was happy. Content.

I slowly and carefully try to remove his arm but instead his grip tightens on my waist.

"Don't go," Diego murmurs in my hair.

"But I should get up. I'm done sleeping," I whisper and he groans.

"I'm not done. And I want you to stay with me," Diego pleads.

I sigh and nod. I couldn't resist when he sounded so sincere, and he had that I'm so sexy in the morning kind of voice.

I'm telling you it's impossible for somebody to be this attractive.

I close my eyes, and Diego's breathing sends me to sleep once again.

THE SECOND TIME I woke up I was cold

THE SECOND TIME I woke up I was cold. I turn to my side and the bed was empty. His figure still lightly pressed in. The bathroom door opens and Diego comes out, wiping his hair with a towel, another wrapped around his waist.

"Morning," Diego smiles.

"So you can get out but I can't?" I ask him, sitting up, clutching the sheets.

"You looked so calm. I couldn't wake you," Diego shrugs.

"Uh thanks?" I say questioningly.

Diego leans over and presses his lips to mine. I pull away quickly. What am I doing?

"We can't be doing this," I shake my head and he raises an eyebrow.

"Why not?" Diego asks tilting his head to the side.