• 1 •

I TIE MY apron around my back, and put in a notepad and pen

I TIE MY apron around my back, and put in a notepad and pen. I straighten my collar and waistcoat, and adjust my bun, sticking a few more pins into my dark brown hair. Black Mint was one of the fanciest and prestigious restaurant in Buenos Aries. I was lucky to have gotten a job here at the age of twenty.

I had been saving up for college, taking a two year gap because of how indecisive I was. My parents, though reluctant, eventually get off my back about it and decided to help me get a job.

My parents -the CEO's of C & C Furniture, C & C Clothing, C & C Motors, anything with 'C & C' probably belonged to them- probably had something to do with me getting this job. Some money had to have been involved, not like I was complaining. I loved working here more than anything.

I had amazing friends - Natalia Vidal, Ludmila Ferro and Andres Calixto. Andres was an assistant chef, three years older than me. He may not be the head chef, but he was amazing! Anything he made was perfect. Ludmila and Natalia were waitresses like me. Ludmila would sometimes help with the plating of food.

Natalia calls me, and I walk out the kitchen. Black Mint, was very fancy. There were chandeliers hanging from the ceiling, the seats, were all black, and so were the table clothes. There was a centerpiece on each table, which was a large glass mint leaf. I walk to the entrance, and greet the next person to walk in.

"Table for two,"

"Please follow me," I grab two menus -for the man and his father (I think)- and walk to an empty table. I set the menus down and introduce myself.

"Hello, I am Violetta. And I will be your waitress tonight," I say politely. "I will be back in two minutes to take your drink orders,"

I walk away and to the kitchen. It was hard to tell if they were related. The younger one had black hair and green eyes, the older one had brown hair, and brown eyes. But they shared the same nose, and lips. And, face shape. I shake my head, telling myself to stop bothering about it. Although this was something that o usually found myself absentmindedly doing, trying to put an identity to a face and trying to figure out a reason as to why they're here.

After a few minutes I walk back, and they put their menus down. I finally recognized the younger one. Diego Cocky-Arrogant-Player Hernandez. Everybody knew about him, his father was the wealthiest man in the country, CEO of GD Enterprises, also one of the most dangerous men in the country, he had money, he would use it well.

Diego was also known as Buenos Aries' player. They say almost every night you can see him in a club, flirting with a girl, five minutes later they've both disappeared. The next day, it's a new girl. I always rolled my eyes at him, he was too confident about himself. It was unbelievable that he had created a reputation like that the young age of twenty three.

"We'll have the best wine you have," The older man -Gregorio Hernandez- says."And too eat, I will have a 350 gram T-Bone Steak," I scribble it down and turn to Diego.