• 58 •

(Merry Christmas!! I have big news at the end of the chapter ; ) Remember everything I said about updating in the last chapter? Still applies. I really will try and update, I promise. Good Luck for this chapter! Enjoy! xx)

HE REFUSED AT first, but that was expected

He said that I hadn't given him the time or space to think and we had disturbed the little that he had by coming and almost getting into a fight.

And I almost gave up, despite not giving it my all.

Marco, however, was not going to allow him to stay and me to go home alone. Eventually, Diego relents which is how we ended up sitting opposite each other on couches in the lounge.

"I'm not the one with explaining to do," He tells me and I look down, knowing that he was right.

"What did you see?" I ask carefully.

There is a good chance that if I started explaining at the wrong moment then I would probably get myself into bigger trouble. And I needed to know if he heard my conversation with Francesca, because that means I had a ton more explaining.

"Well when you left, I saw you go outside but decided to let you leave. And then a few minutes later I saw Federico go through that same door but I trust you so I didn't do anything. But then a few minutes passed and, for some reason, I just had to come. And I am sorry that I had to come over but Federico is the one person I cannot stand being with you," He takes a deep breath.

"And I went and then you kissed. Your lips locked without having to be dared. I heard you telling him that you liked him which made me even more annoyed. You told somebody who knew exactly who we were and somebody who could easily tell the entire world that we were in an unhappy relationship and that you were about ready to have an affair – " I cut him off.

"I told him everything but he promises to keep it a secret," I say quickly. He opens his mouth but closes it. He takes a moment before continuing,

"It doesn't change the fact that you kissed him. And I am perfectly aware that I have no right to complain about anything because I am no better, in fact, I am way worse. But I have been trying because you did not deserve it but then you go and kiss him. Of all the people, you choose Federico," He says and he looks down and laces his fingers together.