• 10 •

"His ex girlfriend?" I splutter and the beautiful girl nods

"Lara?" I hear Diego's deep husky voice near my ear.

"Hey Diego," She says sweetly.

God I hate her already.

"L-Lara," Camila stammers.

I decide to let her in, and she thanks me. Why is she so polite? Camila and Diego were having a silent conversation, their eyes practically screaming. Camila comes to me, and loops her arm through mine leading me away.

"Did you invite her?" I ask and she shakes her head frantically.

"Nope. I have a feeling she may have heard about it from television, on the show you were on. And she is Lara Jimenez, she finds out things. Especially about Diego, she's obsessed," Camila laughs at the end, but I gaped at her.

"I'm pretty sure he loves her as well, she is beautiful," I sigh and she puts her hand on my shoulder sympathetically.

It was seriously bothering me. If he wasn't careful, this whole plan would go down the drain. DOWN THE DRAIN! We could not afford for him to mess everything up. My parents would lose the financial support of Diego's father.

I could see that they were doing better. Their faces looked more relaxed, and they weren't as pale. Gregorio, looked as smug as always, dressed in the finest suit ever.

"Nah, he never liked her too much. He liked her a little, but you know Diego, he was mostly into her skills in b-"

"Yeah don't finish that!" I shout and Camila laughs. "You two are really close aren't you?" I ask quietly.

"Yeah, we have a lot in common, but on the other had we are extremely different. So we balance each other enough to be best friends. And then there's Marco, who's the mix of both of us. Which is perfect," Camila smiles whilst explaining. "He's the calm and collected one who's kept us out of prison,"

I can't help but smile as well. It was kinda how it was with Francesca, Leon and I. I feel an arm around my waist and I almost scream, and then I hear his voice.

"Dancing time babe,"

I elbow him lightly, and he melodramatically groans. Diego takes my hand in his delicately and we walk to the front of the penthouse. Diego takes a glass, and taps it with a knife, clearing his throat. The room silences, and everybody's heads turn to us.

I couldn't help but feel a little nervous. I had never been the one who liked everybody's eyes on them. Diego wraps an arm around my waist, and a shiver runs down my spine.