• 51 •

((I updated, after a week? Amazing isn't it? I have the last two chapters to write before I launch into the 15 Diego chapters. Yep, there are 15. They won't be over 2000 words because then it will take forever to write and I would like to finish them pretty soon. Okay, that's enough. Enjoy! xx))

 Enjoy! xx))

I LIED

I LIED.

I was busy making pancakes when I got a phonecall. I reached into my back pocket and answered pressing the phone between my shoulder and cheek. I carefully flipped the pancake using my spatula and grabbed a plate. I quickly removed it from the pan before pouring more batter.

"Where are you? It sounds quite loud," Diego wondered.

I had two choices at that moment. I could tell him the truth. I had returned to a restaurant and resumed my waitress duties by waiting tables and cleaning floors. He would yell about what this would be doing to the image I was supposed to be creating for us. And he would probably give me the nickname Waitress Castillo again.

Or I could tell him that I was walking in the street looking at fast food stalls. That people were yelling food orders in the street. He would then tell me to call Greg and to buy something nice. Perhaps popcorn.

"I'm walking down the street, looking at fast food stalls that's all," I said.

Yeah, I lied. I didn't feel that guilty at the moment. In fact, I was congratulating myself for predicting his next sentence.

"Well if you are going somewhere far you should call Greg. Or call Greg anyway. But first, buy something. They have good food on the street," Diego said.

"Aren't you working?" I asked him plating another pancake. I counted the stack. Seven. Another three.

"Yeah. I just have a tea break. Your prince just wanted to check in," He teased and I blushed.

At least if any of the others staff saw me right now I could blame it on the heat of the gas.

"Bye!" I quickly cut the call.