XX. My family

♡Gaurav's POV♡

I fail to concentrate on work since morning. My entire day has been spent in thinking of Roshni and our moments of yesterday. I still cannot believe she is willing to progress in our relation and that fact had me grinning like an idiot. 

Since 2 months, I was waiting for this moment. I kept dropping hints whenever I got a chance and brought gifts with silly excuses. I took her out more often and stopped talking of my past. Instead I initiated chats on present and even asked how she sees us after a few years. I knew she was understanding everything, but didn't cross question my intentions. She played along and I was satisfied that she was at least not pushing me away.

The slow gradual steps, which I was taking towards her heart were allowed by her. Never have I ever forced her or crossed my limits during this period. It was only when she got two gifts on my birthday. One as a friend, one as a wife and that gift had her efforts, her hidden emotions for me. She knew if she didn't even gift me anything then I wouldn't have complained. Yet she struggled to give me the best one.

When I kissed her eyes and cheek for the first time after seeing the gift, I lost control over myself. I would have even kissed her lips if she didn't hug me.

I smile wider, realising that she didn't push me at that time. Her hug was enough for me to move ahead and I gave her the gold pendant. It has a special place in my life and I am glad, she hasn't removed it yet.

At the pub, I failed to keep my hands off her and for a moment, I feared to have only sexual attraction towards her. Because Roshni deserves more than that, she deserves love and care. I am glad yesterday I never felt the urge to undress her and have sex. I was more than happy with the kisses and cuddles.

But when she removed my t-shirt to touch my bare chest and back, I swear I had a tough time in controlling myself.

We have entire life for sexual advancements. At this stage, we need time, understanding and space to accept our new feelings. Additionally, a woman is always conscious of her body and appearance when she enters this stage. Roshni isn't different, so I had restricted sunlight to enter the room and didn't touch at places where she can get uncomfortable. Her comfort and happiness matter to me the most. I don't mind waiting for weeks or maybe months for her to be ready completely.

For now I am mentally dancing in joy for taking this baby step successfully towards our love life.

"Grinning like a maniac. Should I bring a pregnancy test kit?" 

I turn on my revolving chair to find a smirking Jay, eyeing me with mischief. 

What the hell is he doing in my office? When did he enter? How long was he watching me?

"Oh! I just came 10 minutes back to see if you can leave early as I got a new movie's DVD, when you were probably day dreaming of yesterday because you and your wife went underground."

Did I asked that out loud?

"No. It's just written on your face."

I roll my eyes at his unwanted answers and ask, "When will you grow up, Jay?"

"The day you stop acting like a coward and confess your feelings to Roshni. Come on Gaurav, it's been 6 months since you have feelings for her."