XIII. I Kissed Him (unedited)

♡Roshni's POV♡ 

I walk towards the refrigerator to grab the vegetables, which I chopped last night for the video of my YouTube channel.

Yes, I have started my channel two weeks back and named it "God's Green Kitchen." I post 5-6 videos every week and simultaneously begun the weekend cooking classes three weeks ago. Till now I am getting 2-3 females in each batch.

I haven't earned enough money and the channel might take a few months to generate revenue as my subscribers are just 236. But it is still the beginning, so I am not losing hope and staying determined to keep working hard.

Additionally, he has been motivating me each day from the past three weeks and not for a minute any negative thought has settled in my mind. His words urge me to remain optimistic and I am anything, but sad or disappointed.

There is no discussion of money or financial responsibility even after the kitchen budget has hiked. I was worried initially and planned to reduce the number of video post. However, he had lectured me on our friendship enough to not let me think of being a charity case or liability. And he is loving the variety of food served on a daily basis.

So, in a nutshell, we are happy with this new change in our life.

I walk back to the stove and check the ingredients before turning on the camera. But stop as I notice the amount of grated carrot is less for the recipe. I frown in confusion as I remember to chop them as per the written quantity. 

I am running short of time, so I don't marvel much on the thought and go to grab more carrot from the refrigerator. I return to the stove and take the grater to grate the carrot, only to freeze as the quantity of cheese cubes seem to reduce now. 

How are the quantities of the ingredients redu....WAIT A MINUTE!

I toss the carrot and grater on the island before clenching my fist in anger and storming outside the kitchen. I find the two thieves, Jay and Gaurav, eating the cheese by hiding behind the dining chairs. 

They smile at me sheepishly after I catch them and they wipe their mouth to hide the evidences of their deeds.

I am so sick of these two men.

Since a variety of food is always available here, they bring work from their offices with the sole aim to steal food and even raw ingredients from my kitchen. Actually, they steal anything that is edible and now I am thinking to install a huge lock on the kitchen door.

But for now, I grab my phone to call Durga. Even she visits often, not for food, but to help me in keeping these hungry thieves away from my kitchen. 

Yesterday they stole whipped cream and I had to ice the cupcakes normally, instead of piping a rose with leaves. Last week, they even ate entire brownie batter and complained it was less sweet on my confrontation.

Their stealing list goes on and on. But they call stealing food as 'helping' me to improve my culinary skills.

Helping my foot! Freaking thieves.

Soon Durga arrives and keeps them away from the kitchen after I give her Jerry's cricket bat. Her weapons are finally being used and now I can work peacefully for the video.

#

I sit to edit the video as we eat the toast sandwiches, which I made.

Wait, let me rephrase. I and Durga are eating, while Jay and Gaurav are gobbling the innocent sandwich, which I made skillfully for the video.

I swear, if they continue eating in this speed then they will be giving competition to the sumo wrestlers.