IV. Soooo It's Happening

♡Roshni's POV♡

And he fulfilled his commitment.

My parents agreed for a meeting with Gaurav's family.

How? Well, Harsh was the key to his plan.

But first, Harsh called me in the morning to know if I am happy with the alliance. I gave him a positive and assuring answer because he doesn't know either mine or Gaurav's past and our little "arrangement." So, I didn't want him to feel suspiciously.

Then Harsh reached at my father's office by afternoon for lunch and informed him that his "friend" has taken a liking in me. It was Harsh's idea to convince my father first because Papa has a soft corner for him as well.

Sometimes I think, Papa has a soft corner for everyone, except me.

Anyways coming back to Harsh's idea, he praised Gaurav by telling about his achievements and progresses in life. It unsurprisingly worked because Papa has a soft corner for even self-made people. It reminds him of his own struggles as he is a self-made man too.

Thus, Papa agreed and asked Harsh to call them today evening for dinner. But convincing Mummy was a task because of the caste difference. Still Harsh managed by reminding her of Ruchi, who is next in line for the marriage. So, she also agreed.

My parents love me so much, right?

I sigh at my own sarcastic remark and recall my three Musketeers reaction. They were supportive and asked me to not worry. The two angels filled me with positive and encouraging words, suggesting me to enter this relation with a positive approach.

Whereas my evil twin informed that her neighbor has got a new baseball bat and her hands are aching to try them in case of problems. I swear, this girl will end up in the prison one day. Then call me for bail from the police officer's mobile and yell at him to buy a better phone.

I push away that dangerous thought and open my wardrobe to select the Indian outfit for the dinner.

Suddenly, I am feeling nervous.

Maybe because his parents might assume that I am a gold digger like Tanushree and reject me.

Yes, we need their approval. Gaurav had called in the morning to brief me about his parents, siblings and sister-in-law. He said his parents' approval is most important because he doesn't want to disappoint them again. It took 2 months to normalize things between him and his parents after he realised his mistake.

He assured his siblings and sister-in-law are very supportive and friendly. Even if they don't approve of a thing, they won't oppose his decision to marry me.

But I NEED to impress his parents or else Gaurav will call off this "arrangement."

Damn! I have never been so scared to meet anyone's parents before even though the guy has already decided to marry me.

An idea enters my mind and I go to open that drawer of my wardrobe, which I hate the most. But in this situation, I think, it will work. Because in India, "Saree" helps to win any elder's heart.

Yup, I will wear a saree. I have a light grey and navy blue Georgette saree. It's simple and elegant. Perfect for a casual dinner.