II. He PROPOSED me!

♡Roshni's POV♡

"For the sake of my sanity, stop being so optimistic, Candy. Everything doesn't have a hidden positive agenda. Life was cruel, is cruel and will remain cruel till I die."

"But why do you think negative in every situation, Rosh? Maybe this Lakeet guy is your perfect match and can heal you. Just have faith in God."

This is my another friend Candy, a.k.a. Surithi, the most optimistic girl on the God's green, but slowly polluting planet earth.

She will give you positive reasons for every damn situation and make people believe good. God knows how we became best friends. We are completely opposite. But opposites attract, I guess.

AND the reason for our little argument is that I am back to square one.

Yup, the conversation with Harsh last week consisted of emotional blackmail. And today I am meeting a new guy for the marriage.

His name is Lakeet Nankani and works in a multinational company in the marketing department. I didn't pay much attention to his photos as his requirement in the bio-data, grabbed my sole attention - Looking for a traditional girl, who can be my friend and supporter in the journey of life.

I am anything, but fit to be a friend or supporter. Why can't my family see I can't be good for anyone.

I sigh in defeat as I walk back towards my home, while listening to Candy's positive speech, "If God gives you pain then the intention is to make you strong. One should accept challenge as lesson. And Rosh, stop allowing your past to affect you now. It's been 2 years, come out of it and live your life to the fullest."

My steps halt without realizing and my eyes again well up at the painful memories. Not only was I hurt by that one person, I was hurt by my parents and sister too. It has caused a permanent scar in my heart, which is only worsening with time. I can't forget those words and how they behaved with me.

But I take a deep breath to calm myself and push away those thoughts to concentrate on the current situation. I really don't want to meet this guy, but I have no choice. Even Navu and Jerry (nickname for Jinal) were saying to meet and see if he is really the perfect match.

I don't know why, I am not confident about this meeting. Since morning, I am getting some strange vibes, though I can't put my finger on it.

"Candy, I will call you later. I have reached at the building and just have one hour before those people arrive. I even have to get ready."

"Ok, all the best and meet with a positive approach. Not all people are same."

"Yes, Momma Optimistic, I will keep that in mind."

I disconnect the call as she giggles and make my way to the elevator, but a sweet sound catches my attention. I look at my right to find two grey tabby kittens, searching for something around the plants.

Aww they are hungry.

I call the security guard to bring a container, while I remove the tetra pack of milk from the shopping bags, I am holding. Mamma had sent me to bring some snacks and milk for the guest. But now I have no time to bring more milk and these poor angels need this milk.

So, today me and my sister will have black coffee, whether she likes it or not.

Soon the security guard returns with the container and I pour the milk for the kittens before slowly making my way closer to them. They obviously get scared, but I place the container down and take a few steps back. Sensing the safety, the kittens slowly move towards the container and start drinking the milk. Though they halt after a few licks and meow in unison as if thanking me for giving them food.