IX. He Kissed Me (unedited)

♡Roshni's POV♡

Back to routine.

Today, I and Gaurav will be back to our routine of work commitment. He will leave for office at 8 am, while I will go to Papa's office at 10 am.

Though I have 2 hours extra, instead of sleeping, I decide to do some wife type of job. So, I arrange the bed, while he takes a bath and put the remaining dirty clothes from our honeymoon trip to wash. Then I take a bath and exit the bedroom to walk towards the kitchen.

I find him, cooking two completely different dishes, vegetable omelette and vegetable rice. While he is stirring, what smells like coffee in two mugs together.

Quite a multi talented person.

He senses my presence and turns to greet me dramatically, "Good morning, Your Majesty. Breakfast and lunch are ready."

I raise my eyebrows and demand, "Breakfast and lunch, both are ready?"

He grins before pointing at the omelette and informs, "That's breakfast" then he points at the vegetable rice before continuing, "And this is lunch."

Before I can react, he uncovers a pan and I see boiled macaroni, while he informs, "I have boiled macaroni for the night and ready-made sauce is kept in the refrigerator. I will take merely 10 minutes for making the dinner after I arrive from the office. So, you don't have to bother yourself."

I take the word "talented" back from my earlier remark because this man terribly needs a book on Healthy Eating Habits.

But first, I need to kick him out of the kitchen.

So, I order, "Get out."

He asks with a frown, "What?"

I elaborate, "Get out of the kitchen, so I can make something what normal humans can eat."

He keeps standing at his spot, frowning at me, so I take the things in my own hands and kick him out of the kitchen.

The omelette is ready, so I search in the cabinets for something to make quickly. I find semolina and grab onion, capsicum, curry leaves with some spices to make upma. A South Indian healthy and tasty dish for breakfast.

Then I search for something in the fridge, only to find bell peppers and cabbage. My eyes fall on the boiled macaroni, so I make a salad with the three ingredients. Then I grab the wheat floor to make paratha with dry powdered spices.

After 15 minutes, a proper breakfast and lunch are ready. I find the lunch box set to fill one large container with the rice he cooked, one with the paratha, one with salad and one small one with curd.

This must be enough for him as he will not come before 9 pm at the night.

Keeping the lunch box aside, I serve the omelette and upma with bread toast, which he kept to toast earlier in two plates. I re-heat the coffee and take everything to the dining table, where he is sitting with a surprised look.

I raise my eyebrows and he comments with a smile, "You made extra dishes for breakfast and lunch in lesser time than me without proper ingredients. You are an amazing chef."

I take my seat across him and reply with a smile, "Thank you and henceforth, kitchen is my department. You can sleep for extra 30 minutes and have a healthier diet."