VI. Wishes & Preferences

Roshni's POV

I lean my head against the window of Gaurav's car and close my eyes in tiredness, while he drives towards my home. After I had calmed down, he offered to drop me home and even carried my bags to the car.

Today was the most eventful day on the God's green, but slowly polluting planet earth.

First, I bumped into his ex then mine and out of nowhere Gaurav came to console me.

And I cried, I actually cried in his arms for a long time, which is not me. I never cried after that night, but Gaurav always manages to push the barrier aside, which keeps my emotions hidden.

Though surprisingly, I am not scared to show him my emotions anymore. He shared his complete life story with me, including the deepest secrets and didn't force me to share mine. He is only helpful since the beginning.

So, a little trust is something, he rightfully deserves now.

"Do you want to have a cup of coffee? Or anything else?"

I deny, "No."

He doesn't argue and I say something, I never even wanted to discuss in my entire life, "My family thinks the same."

I didn't open my eyes, but feel the car slowing down and getting parked at the roadside. He pulls the break and remains silent, while I fiddle with my fingers as my chest tightens with the immense pain.

"I...Papa wanted to start searching a guy for me for marriage two years back. But at that time, I was already having second thoughts with Danish because of his reckless behaviour. His excuses and false commitments had increased to the level where I lost my emotions to marry him."

I chuckle bitterly before informing, "And irony is that he knew, he knew because I had always discussed with him and wrote letters to express my expectations from him. At first, he would agree to do as I say, but it never happened in reality. I kept waiting and he hardly ever fulfilled his commitment. I wasn't expecting something big, just some love and attention, but I guess even that was huge to ask. Then when it came to informing about our relationship to my family, he forced me to keep postponing because he wasn't stable."

I pause for a moment as I remember his words at that time and voice out the same, "What is your father's problem? Why can't your family let me live in peace? These were his constant responses whenever I told him, Papa is discussing about my marriage at home."

I feel his hand over mine and stopping me from digging my nails into my palm, which I didn't realise doing. He remains silent, just holding my hand and I still didn't open my eyes.

"Unfortunately my family got to know about him, but I broke up with him on the very same day. I didn't have the courage to stay with him when in 6 long years, he only gave me false commitment and hopes. While I did everything in my capacity to help him in studies, work and family issues. I gave up on my opportunities because he and his family needed them. But he still never did anything for me, it was always his benefits."

Even with my eyes shut, a tear escapes from my eye as I share further, "It was a 6 years long relationship with efforts and dedication. Though when I broke up, I was upset."

I sniff before informing ahead, "But my parents didn't like my sour behavior even for a day. I broke up with him on Saturday evening, Sunday he cut all the ties with me and Monday night when I went to sleep early. My parents came to my room and I thought, they would console me. But they assumed that I left Danish for money. So, Papa off....offered..."