Not-So Happy Birthday?

Jungkook was giddy with excitement. Today was his 18th birthday, and nothing could steal the happiness away from him. Even his co-worker Seokjin, who hated each other nearly the moment they saw each other. (long story short, Jungkook may or may have not accidentally spilled coffee on Seokjin. And if Jungkook ever got a chance to spill coffee on Seokjin again it wouldn't be an accident anymore.)

He was both nervous and excited about getting a soulmate. Accordingly, your soulmate's name appears on your wrist. And then you would meet your soulmate on your birthday. Jungkook was actually gay and hoped his soulmate was a boy. Otherwise it'd be awkward if it was a girl. Oh well, Jungkook prayed the universe wouldn't be a complete bitch. Especially on his birthday.

As soon as Jungkook skipped into the restaurant, Seokjin welcomed him. And by welcomed, he meant that Seokjin sneered at him and said; "Look who looks like a teenage girl who just got kissed by her crush."

"Fuck off, Seokbin." Jungkook fired, flipping the middle finger. 

"As soon as you do, Junglecock." Seokjin rolled his eyes and started to put on his apron. He was the barista, and Jungkook was the waiter. 

Fortunately there were no customers to witness their bickering. Jungkook mused who his soulmate could be. Probably a customer. Or maybe I'll bump into a dude at the parking lot.

"Hey, could you stop gay-dreaming?" Seokjin asked. 

"No." Jungkook stuck his tongue out.

"Yah, you should respect your elders."

"You don't deserve to be called one."

"You son of-" Luckily a bell signifying that a customer entered, and cut off Seokjin.

Jungkook grinned happily. Jungkook, 1. Seokjin, 0.

...

 The rest of the day is a flurry of events. Jungkook felt happier tho, a small skip to his steps. He was extra polite, even to the rude people. Jungkook almost forgets its his birthday. Almost. His co-workers decided to sing the happy birthday song and wish him happiness. 

("Isn't this your 18th birthday?" Namjoon, his co-worker asks.

"Yup!" Jungkook beamed. 

"Ah, so you'll be meeting your soulmate, huh?" Jungkook nods. Namjoon chuckles.

"I hope you'll like him." 

"I'm sure I will." Jungkook says. But inside he's a little bit scared too.)

They had even offered to go out and drink. Jungkook decides why not. He could even meet his soulmate there. You never know. 

Jungkook cleans up the tables. Everyone else had already done their cleaning duties. Only Seokjin and him were left. They would go to the bar together. 

("So you don't get lost. Or walk into a tree." Seokjin said earlier that day.

"Stop spitting out bullshit. I can see well. And I can see you're ugly, which is all that matters." 

"Are you sure you don't need glasses?")

Surprisingly, 5 minutes have passed and they haven't fought yet. A record, considering the fact it was only the two of them. Jungkook hummed happily. At least I can enjoy some of the hours of my birthday without arguing with Seokjin. 

Jungkook was just about to finish up but Seokjin says something that brings him to a halt.

"By the way," Seokjin says as he turns on the washing machine. Jungkook waits for a snappy sentence that'll piss him off. "I know you "love me to death", but why do you have my name on your wrist?" Seokjin asks. 

Is he kidding? You have got to be kidding me it can't be-

Jungkook checks his wrist to make sure he isn't being pranked. He even pinches the printed lettering. Yup, the universe is a confirmed bitch.

A/N:

I feel guilty for not posting a Jinkook ff for a while so I made it 600+ words :D

SKSKSSKKSK happy birthday Jungkook, you are an precious angel as well as my beautiful, ethereal bias-wrecker. IK this is late but I wish you many happy upcoming birthdays~ :)