My last hope

You guys have no idea how much pain I've been in these past two days... me and my sister literally lost our best friend and our heart—our baby. We share—excuse me, shared— a dog together. Her name was mamas. She was our world and we lost lost her yesterday morning. We had her a short two years and yet they felt like forever but it wasn't long enough. I'm mentally, emotionally, and physically in pain. I felt my baby take her last breath and try to fight and I'm traumatized so much by it.

Wednesday I had decided to adopt a dog because I needed a companion of my own. I felt lonely and I'm depressed so I just felt that I wanted a dog of my own to cuddle with and keep me company but thats where I was wrong...

This dog was a German Shepherd mixed with Akita. He was eight and he was at the animal shelter for nearly a month. The animal shelter was waiving all adoption fees since they're past capacity and if no one adopted soon they were going to start euthanizing them so I decided that this was the one— yogi was the one. He was quiet, mellow, calm and supposedly good with all dogs. Little did I know...

At my house, my sister and I share our chihuahua and my moms boyfriend has a pit bull. Now the pit bull Tracy always protects mamas and they're literally best friends. Scratch that, sisters. She never lets anything happen to mamas.

The first night yogi was good. He kept to himself and left them alone but when I went to get mamas before I went to lay down, I saw that Tracy had a cut on her face. I immediately felt horrible knowing that it was him but I couldn't do anything until the next day so I put him in the bathroom with food, water, a pee pad, and a bed. The next day came around and flew by quick and I ended up not taking him back.

Friday comes around and the dogs are fine and I was on my way home when my sister called me. She was yelling and telling me that yogi hurt mamas. She was hysterical and all I could tell her was I was on my way. Everything went by so fast after that. Mamas was so hurt. I don't even want to explain her injuries. I felt so horrible because I brought this dog here.

Mamas peed blood later on that night so we ended up taking her to the animal ER literally down the street from us. They examined her and did X-rays. The vet showed us that there was bruising on her left side on top of her rib and one of her ribs were slanted. They didn't do tests for her peeing blood so they guessed and said she could have bruising on her kidneys. They wanted to keep her over night but we didn't have the funding for that so they sent her home with us with pain medicine and antibiotics. They told us when we get home to give her 1ml of the antibiotics and she should be fine until her next dosage since they had already given her the pain medicine. They charged us $430 for the exam, two X-rays, and the medication. If she stayed over night it would've been around $880 dollars.

We got home around 2 in the morning. My sister needed to sleep so I decided I was going to stay up and watch mamas. I don't even remember falling asleep...

Subconsciously I heard her screaming but it wasn't until my sister yelled my name that I woke up. Mamas was screaming in pain and I immediately scooped her up. Her tongue was hanging out and her eyes—oh god her eyes... they're ingrained in my head. She had a hard time breathing and I tried giving her water once she was dehydrated but she wasn't taking it. My sister called the pet ER back and they told us they close at 8 and it being 6 in the morning they wanted us to go to a vet clinic that opened at seven. My sister tried calling them, they didn't answer.

Whilst all that was going on my poor baby... I was trying everything I could. I felt her take her last breath...

I screamed and we immediately rushed to the vet ER. In the car I felt her try to fight but she gave up. When we got there they literally took her back there for like ten seconds walked back out and told us she was gone. Our baby was gone. We begged and pleaded with them to try cpr or something so they went back and "tried". They left the door ajar and I could literally see her laying there with a tube in her mouth but the machine didn't even look on.

Everything after that went by so fast. They talked to us about what we can do. They said we can take her body, we can get her cremated for $20, or get her cremated and have her ashes returned to us for $216. We literally had to pay everything up front. My sister and I didn't have anything on us. We literally had mamas and that's it. We forgot our phones and ID/ drivers license. We couldn't pay for anything. They ended telling us they would keep her there in the freezer and told us to come back between 2 and 6 that afternoon.

Between all that time so much happened. My sister and I feel so empty and useless right now. We can't even pay for any of the fees. My mom paid for the $430 visit and we told her we would pay her back every cent.

We started a go fund me page and shared it on our Facebook, Snapchat, instagram, my sisters youtube... and yet not one person donated anything.

I'm trying my last hope here. And I don't even know why I didn't even think to come here in the first place. There are so many supportive people here and this should've been the first platform I came to.

So please, I'm literally begging here. Please if you can, can you donate whatever you can to help us so we can lay her to rest. PLEASE!!

If you can here's the link: gf.me/u/ktvn4q

You guys anything would help. Anything at all.