Chapter 14

3rd Person POV

After not being able to find Hayley at the house, Elijah thought to call Liz to double check if they were together, only she didn't answer putting Klaus more on edge. They both zoomed to her and Camille's apartment but when they reached the front door to see Liz's phone on the floor and the door cracked with blood on it along with her keys still hanging in the lock, they knew that the girls were taken.

And the first name that popped into Niklaus' mind was the very one Liz slapped earlier in the night and the one Hayley had also met before the encounter.... Marcel.

~~~

Speeding into the courtyard with a crowd of night-walkers surrounding what looked to be a fight that was already won, Klaus sped through and snapped the girls' neck. Silence spread through and all you could hear was the whispers from those who were waiting for Marcel's reaction.

"Good evening! I'd like a word." Klaus' voice boomed through the room. 

"What do you think you're doing?" Marcel asked.

"Well it appears that we've interrupted a collection of filthy amateurs." Elijah made himself known as he walked through the crowd. He stopped walking once he got into the middle alongside Klaus and faced Marcel. "We've come here for the girls. Give them to us or we kill everyone here; starting with you."

"You two got a lot of nerve coming into my home and making demands." Marcel stated with a smile making Klaus chuckle.

"You're home is it?" Klaus asked through gritted teeth.

"The girls!" Elijah yelled impatiently. "I will not ask again."

"I assume you're talking about Hayley. Yea high, dark hair, bitchy attitude. Who is she anyway?" Marcel taunted before asking his own question.

"She's an old friend. You know how sentimental I am about old friends." Klaus replied.

"Well I ain't got her. And before you start whining, I did pay her a little visit earlier tonight. I was feeling nostalgic, so I took a trip out to the plantation where I used to be a slave. And imagine my surprise when I realized that the original family of vampires had taken up residence. Your girl Hayley answered the door, we exchanged hellos, that was it. You don't believe me look around. Hell I'll even help you find her. But the question I'd ask is: If Hayley isn't here, then where is she?" Marcel told them making Klaus chuckle once again but a little more darker.

"No. My question would be: Where is Liz?" Klaus started with a smirk which grew when he seen Marcel stand up straighter when he heard her name.

"Ah you see, I thought with the nice slap she gave you earlier that that would have made you really angry and what a surprise it was when come to find out both Hayley and her are gone. Now it begs the question, if you don't have either of them where are they?" Klaus finished staring straight into Marcel's eyes.

~~~

Liz's POV

I awoke to the worst headache ever. I reached my hands up to my head but came to the realization that my wrists were tied together when I felt the tug on them. I opened my eyes feeling a presence beside me. I went to knee them when two hands stopped me and a familiar face came into view.

"Hayley?" I whispered out quietly. Her eyes widened and she quickly covered my mouth to keep quiet. I nodded and used this time to look around us. I seen we were in the trunk of some old truck. I seen the back windshield and came up with an idea. I looked to Hayley and gave her a quick smile before turning around to face the back windshield. I lifted my legs and kicked hard with a grunt and repeated it until I felt the truck come to a stop.