Chapter 7

3rd Person POV 

Hayley and Liz were finally released from the witches when Elijah returned.

"Hey. Liz?" Hayley called out to the young girl.

"Uh yeah?" Liz asked confused. She needed to get home to make sure Cami wasn't freaking out for her being gone for a day.

"Thank you. I really mean it." Hayley showed her gratitude by pulling Liz into a hug. Liz hesitated before embracing Hayley and hugging back.

"No problem." She mumbled out before they finally released each other.

"You just have to promise not to get into so much trouble, especially being linked to Sophie." Liz said making not only Hayley and her chuckle but Elijah as well. When Liz heard Elijah she looked to him and said, "Thank you Elijah, for actually being the one to save Hayley."

He smiled at the youngest of the group and said, "We both did," making her smile back.

"Now, is she gonna be safe staying with you or do I have to worry about Klaus?" Liz asked concerned for Hayley and her baby's safety.

"If it troubles you, you are welcome to stay with us." Elijah suggested.

Liz hesitated before answering. "I would love to...but I have to make sure Cami is okay. I haven't contacted her for a day now and she probably already called the police. Though, I will be over to check on you a lot Hayley."

They bid goodbye after that and went off to their own homes.

~~~

Hayley is currently exploring her new house when she stumbled upon a room with all of its furniture covered in sheets.Making her way in, she observed the first thing covered before she started to pull it off. While raising the sheet, she inhaled some of the dust and started to cough.

"You alright?" Elijah asked from the doorway startling her.

"Just dust." Hayley informed while removing the sheet and looking at the room some more. "This place is ancient."

"Yes. It should serve our purposes. It's...Our sanctuary for our business in the quarter." Elijah clarified while making way towards Hayley and observing the room along the way. "Right now your the most important person in this family. You need a good home." Elijah claimed as he stopped and looked at Hayley before carrying on to the other side of the furniture Hayley was removing the sheet from.

"So I'm curious. In all this time, has anyone asked you how you feel?" Elijah asked while removing what was left of the sheet, revealing a crib.

"About having a miracle baby with a psychotic one night stand?" Hayley asked rhetorically.

"About being a mother." Elijah clarified with a smile.

"I-....I was abandoned was I was born and my adoptive parents kicked me out the second I turned into a wolf. So, I don't know how I feel about being a mother because I never really had a good one. But while Liz was with me after the witches held her hostage too, she gave me some freakishly good advice and I don't know how to take it." Hayley explained as Elijah listened carefully.

"Ah, yes. Solisfilia. Did you want to elaborate on what you girls talked about or..." Elijah trailed off.

"Uh, she told me she thinks its a girl. Something about having this feeling."Hayley said, causing Elijah to raise an eyebrow. "She also told me that I will be a good mother if I try, even though I didn't have a mom growing up or one now to look to for mother advice. She told me that even though my baby might inherit the werewolf gene I will be there for her when or if she does. She also told me if Klaus tries to leave our baby then she would drag his 'blood-sucking werewolf ass' back to her." Hayley chuckled out as Elijah joined in with his own laugh.

"But she also told me not to be afraid and to not look to the worse case scenarios. She called this baby my miracle baby. She thinks it would bring me hope." Hayley finished off while holding her stomach.

"You know, she's right. I believe you will be a good mother. You shouldn't be afraid. When the time comes, it would be an instinct to protect and love your child. Your child is a miracle. And Solisfilia has made it clear through her many acts of bravery tonight that she will protect you and the baby." Elijah expressed.

"Thank you. It's just with Liz... there's something about her that's so familiar and when I seen her for the first time, I felt some sort of connection to her. I don't want her to risk her life for me. She's too young. And on top of that she's human." Hayley rambled out.

"She is, isn't she?" Elijah questioned himself quietly to where Hayley couldn't hear him. "I will always protect you and Liz. You have my word on that."Elijah promised.

"The noble Elijah always keeps his word." Klaus interrupted from the doorway, startling both Elijah and Hayley.

"Is it done?" Elijah asked.

"As a matter of fact, yes. Your underhanded deal worked quite well. Marcel was only to happy to accept my blood even as he accepted my heart felt apologies. His man Thierry yet lives and I remain a welcomed guest in the french quarter. My only concern now is this coven of impotent witches." Klaus explained to Elijah.

"I believe them to be honorable. They did release both Hayley and Solisfilia to me. Although they haven't been entirely forth coming, Marcel obviously has something that they need. They don't want him dead. Their must be a reason why." Elijah proclaimed.

"What about Liz? Sophie said that Marcel was like a father-figure to her. And Sophie also looked scared of her. I mean, she didn't even want Liz involved but she said that because I was involved so was she. Liz even said that she wasn't gonna just stand by as they took Marcel down either." Hayley rambled off forgetting that Klaus was there.

"Ah yes this 'Liz' girl. Where can I find her?" Klaus asked with a smirk on his face.

"No!" Hayley yelled out.

"Niklaus. Solisfilia is not a danger. She is the one who has been trying to help Hayley and your child this entire time. No harm will come to her." Elijah sternly ordered Klaus. "And as for the reason being Solisfilia... I think it to be something else. If it were her then the witches wouldn't have let her go and Marcel wouldn't allow her to walk around freely in this town." Elijah declared with a stern tone.

~~~~

Wrote on: March 1, 2016

Words: 1125

Edited: March 1, 2016