Chapter 10

"Hayley." I sing out. She just ignored me and continued on reading. "You know. As much as I understand where you're coming from, you shouldn't be reading that." I pointed out. I sat up on the couch waiting for Hayley to respond.

"I know but I need to." After a moment of thinking she came up with this response. I sighed and gave her a 'really' look.

"Need to or want to? Look, that's Elijah's personal journal. You shouldn't read it regardless unless he gave you permission."

"Fine." She huffed closing the book. She stood and pulled me towards a room where I could hear voices coming from.

"-werewolf carrying your hybrid bun in her oven." I heard with Klaus' laugh following. Hayley started to pull me into the room quickly making our presence known.

"The werewolf would like to know what the plan is." Hayley demanded.

"Well that depends what plan you mean love. My plan for global domination or Rebekah's plan to find love in a cruel, cruel world." Klaus teased. Not even three seconds later Rebekah had thrown a paint brush at Klaus with him catching it.

"The plan to rescue Elijah. You know the good brother. The one who is now in possession of your mortal enemy after you stabbed him in the back." Hayley explained and put emphasis on back while looking at Klaus. He smiled at her.

"In the front if we're being specific." Klaus clarified. I gave him a disapproving look not bothering to see if he seen it.

"You two said you would get him back. So is there a plan or what?" I cut into the conversation and tried to get to what we need to know. Klaus and Rebekah shared a look before Klaus sighed.

"Okay. Well firstly Marcel is not my mortal enemy. He's my friend. Albeit, one who is unaware that I am trying to sabotage his hold over the supernatural community in the French Quarter but a friend nonetheless. And secondly, I daggered Elijah in order to gain Marcel's trust. If I had known he would place my brother in the hands of a particularly nasty teenage witch I certainly would have weighed my options a bit differently. And thirdly, sister please." Klaus explained before gesturing for his sister to finish.

"And thirdly, the plan as you both demanded, is for Niklaus to simply ask Marcel for Elijah back." I scoffed at what Rebekah said. I know that wasn't it.

"If you wanted to ask for Elijah back, I could've done that. That's not the whole plan. So what are you keeping from us?" I demanded. Klaus just smirked.

"Please. Klaus may be a miserable excuse of a sibling but there none more diabolical." Rebekah replied.

"Well that's only the plan A love. There's always a plan B." Klaus said. I felt Hayley grow stiff beside making me grow concern.

"And what's plan B?" She asked gulping.

"War." Klaus revealed excitedly.

~~~

Finding out that Davina had Elijah, I knew I had to go over there. It all made sense though. That coffin she tried so hard to keep me from... it has Elijah.

I rushed up the church stairs and into the attic.

"Davina." I said with a stern look. She looked at me and sighed.

"Did Marcel finally tell you? I wanted to tell you I promise but he said not to say anything." She said.

"I found out but that's besides the point. You're keeping someone here in a coffin because Marcel told you too. I thought we talked about this before. You shouldn't have to listen to everything he says. It's getting you mixed in a lot of things you shouldn't be mixed in." I exclaimed.